Torus quest bugged faction rep - game breaking - Fixed in 6.00 b3.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

myztkl-kev
x4

Torus quest bugged faction rep - game breaking - Fixed in 6.00 b3.

Post by myztkl-kev » Sun, 22. Jan 23, 10:47

I did the Terran Cadet start, im probably 50 hours into my save, I recently did the Torus quest which I now regret as I am +22 Terran Protectorate, and there are dozens of terran ships that are red -30 after hours. All the auto saves and quick saves I have are way after the torus quest and my last manual save was like 2 hours into my save. Is there any way to fix my save? I haven't played in years and I've been wanting to get back into this game for a while after buying all the expansions, and now after so much play time, my save is basically screwed. I can't even attempt to destroy the ships as there are several groups of fighters, police and destroyers ready to kill me (I have a syn and a couple small ships), I cant send any freighters up there to get materials for my PHQ (since all my blueprints seem to require materials only the terrans have). This is the kind of thing that makes me want to never play a game again :(

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Torus quest bugged faction rep - game breaking.

Post by CBJ » Sun, 22. Jan 23, 10:50

We can't do much to help you without more information. If you give us the information requested in the very first thread in this forum, and uploaded a savegame somewhere so that we could take a look, then we might be able to help and/or let you know whether the problem is one of those that will be fixed in 6.00.

myztkl-kev
x4

Post by myztkl-kev » Sun, 22. Jan 23, 11:11

Sorry, I neglected to read the "read this first" post clearly, thank you for the quick response.

game is latest version and no mods or anything, fresh install prior to starting this game. I own Cradle of Humanity, split vendetta and tides of avarice. I did the terran cadet start.

here is a copy of my save folder (i deleted the manual and autosaves and just left the quicksave). The Dxdiag and vulkaninfo are located in the root of the zip file. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Atwr44 ... sp=sharing

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 22. Jan 23, 11:22

I think I see the issue.

The Torus mission is supposed to be done with you illegally entering the Terran Sol home sectors as you shouldn't normally at that stage of the plot have the rep and permissions yet. You are to evade the Terran authorities rather than confront them and there are some 'staged' encounters with authority along the way that you can just evade or run from, or you may even see a distraction to them that lets you escape. The actual Torus area itself should be relatively clear of Terran authority ships. A small fast ship is ideal for this mission.

Once you start fighting with them though, you are indeed in unnecessary bother. Temporarily depressed TER rep for their Sol authority ships should recover itself once the plot progresses. That all said, there is no way that the plot expects you to have a Syn used for that stage either. :D

If you change your preferred building method option from Terran to Universal then that should sort out out some of your PHQ resource issues.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

myztkl-kev
x4

Post by myztkl-kev » Sun, 22. Jan 23, 11:28

Hi, thanks for the quick response. Yes I had the permissions to visit sol already and the torus quest has you evade the terrans in a yaki ship (even though I was +22 rep and should have just been able to waltz in there without question) and now like half the ships in terran space want to kill me, its weird because some fighters are blue, but a bunch are red, including destroyers. I have found several reddit threads talking about this and many people have stated that the temporary rep should go away after 10-15 minutes, but it's been hours and they still hate me and other people have stated this as well and that it seems like a bug, no one has confirmed whether it's corrected itself or not. I haven't killed any of them because I don't want to make it any worse than it is. I got the syn from the yaki plot way earlier in my save, the same time I became a terran protectorate. the torus quest comes after I had to give the guy bugging boso 10 antimatter cells, and that took a long time to find them and get enough rep to buy them.
Last edited by myztkl-kev on Sun, 22. Jan 23, 11:31, edited 1 time in total.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 22. Jan 23, 11:31

Have you completed the Torus mission and gone on to the next phase of the TER plot yet?

myztkl-kev
x4

Post by myztkl-kev » Sun, 22. Jan 23, 11:33

the next part of the terran plot is to deliver a fully outfitted ship and build a station competing in argon space which is too expensive to complete atm, but yes if It wasn't clear, the Torus mission is long completed, and that's what triggered the terrans to turn red (even though my rep isn't affected)
Last edited by myztkl-kev on Sun, 22. Jan 23, 11:38, edited 1 time in total.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 22. Jan 23, 11:36

OK, just a guess but did any ships of yours (Syn or freighters) engage any of those red Sol ships with their turrets? That might be the problem if they did.

Did you see what I said about build method options and so how you might avoid your freighters needing to go into TER space at all?

myztkl-kev
x4

Post by myztkl-kev » Sun, 22. Jan 23, 11:41

I believe my syn and all my other ships were at my PHQ at the time of the torus quest, I had to shoot some laser turrets inside the torus during the quest, but I never attacked anyone that I know of, but there are red ships in multiple sectors of terran space. I did see the part where I can change the building type, but that doesn't solve my overall issue. I don't really want to sink any more time into it if half the terran population are going to continue to be -30 towards me and all my ships, so I haven't continued since I noticed. After the torus quest ended initially I noticed all the red ships and figured it was temporary because my rep was still +22 so I just high-tailed it out of the system I went around and did some random stuff for a while and continued working on my PHQ and it wasn't until I sent my freighter back and got notified that it was being attacked that I realized the ships in terran space were still red towards me. The only ship that may have been in the system (but im pretty sure I moved it out of there an hour or so prior to that mission) would have been the syn, but if the syn shot at anyone, my rep would have been affected.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 22. Jan 23, 12:06

Thanks. So to summarise, the report here is that the Sol authority ships are staying hostile/shoot at player assets long after the Torus mission has been successfully completed and despite a +22 TER rep. A vanilla 5.10 HF3 save is at the 3rd post in the thread.

Just a theory, but I wonder if the plot expected the TER recognition ceremony at say the +20 point granting access permissions would take place after the mission and act as the trigger to normalise Sol authority rep? (You did do the TER +20 rep award ceremony?)

myztkl-kev
x4

Post by myztkl-kev » Sun, 22. Jan 23, 12:22

yes that is all correct, and I did the terran 20+ ceremony right after i got invited for it yes. I feel like this quest shouldnt even be possible if you do the terran start, or at least terran cadet since I'm supposed to be in the terran military and secret service and it seems strange they would allow me to break into the station, and also the fact that I'm sneaking in like an enemy and avoiding being spotted when I have over 20 rep lol, and if the red ships staying red was intended, even earlier in the plot, that would have made it very difficult for me to continue the terran plot to even get to +20, i'm going to attempt to deliver the ship and build the station for the terran plot and see what happens, but i have a sneaking suspicion that it's going to be a waste of time.

myztkl-kev
x4

Post by myztkl-kev » Mon, 23. Jan 23, 00:10

I loaded my save up in the 6.00 beta just for giggles and it made no difference. I'm 100% convinced it's a bug at this point. Is there a tool or a cheat I could use to force rep with these ships?

Here's a screenshot of a blue carrier filled with a red fleet, and a red squadron lead by a blue leader
https://i.imgur.com/QI5koJw.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/2C8rwYL.jpg
Last edited by CBJ on Mon, 23. Jan 23, 00:11, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Oversized images replaced with links

myztkl-kev
x4

Post by myztkl-kev » Tue, 24. Jan 23, 18:13

I don't mean to seem impatient but is there anything that can be done about this, or should I just cut my losses and uninstall? (being met with a game-breaking bug 50 hours in is very discouraging) I have been searching the internet for days trying to find ways to fix this unsuccessfully. I have put 50 hours into this save in the last 2 weeks and I really want to play. I have attempted to adjust faction rep by save editing without success (was able to adjust rep but it made no difference). From what I can tell, no mods exist that will let me cheat my way to fixing my save and I'm not really getting any help anywhere.

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Tue, 24. Jan 23, 18:27

I'd say "giving up" after 3 days (one day being a Sunday) is premature. Uninstalling I'd call a bit too extreme. Even more so as Egosoft is currently working on a big release.

Best advice I can give you is doing something else in the game - it is a big sandbox after all. You don't have to play it like an RPG.

About your problem itself - as I played this mission I didn't pick up a fight but sneaked through the gaps in the patrols. Doing otherwise is not recommended as you'd have to have assets you can't possibly have after 50 hours. To put this into perspective - 50 hours is early game in X terms, especially for a new player.

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

myztkl-kev
x4

Post by myztkl-kev » Tue, 24. Jan 23, 18:36

I dont want to continue playing in case a dev comes back (getting my hopes up) with a copy of my submitted save, fixed. Also, im kind of stuck on what I can do right now with not being able to enter my home system, or continue my story missions. Being almost dead stopped after 50 hours does nothing but make me never want to touch the game again, which is why I commented on uninstalling, because if my save is borked, I will lose all drive to continue playing this game. If I have to wait until 6.00 releases, so be it but as it stands right now, I feel like my 50 hours was wasted. When I did the mission, I didn't pick any fights, I have +22 rep with terrans so I just flew straight through to the station, even though the patrols were like "I've got something here" I was never "outed" and it wasn't until I was in the station or after leaving it that the ships became hostile. I'm not a new player either, I played when the game first came out for probably 100 hours, but due to launch bugs and patches and stuff changing things, I just quit playing and figured I'd wait for more DLCs and the game to sit in the oven a bit longer, and here we are.

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Tue, 24. Jan 23, 18:41

I wouldn't hold my breath that a dev actually "fixes" your save.

Did you just ignore the hostile ships and left them alone? They won't follow you into other parts of the universe. Go visit the Teladi - or the second terran faction (pioneers).

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 24. Jan 23, 18:43

myztkl-kev wrote:
Tue, 24. Jan 23, 18:36
I dont want to continue playing in case a dev comes back (getting my hopes up) with a copy of my submitted save, fixed.
That's extremely unlikely. If a problem is found then any fix for it would be in a future 6.00 beta update at some point. When we implement such fixes, we do try to include a way forward for existing players who have run into the problem, but we can't guarantee it.

myztkl-kev
x4

Post by myztkl-kev » Tue, 24. Jan 23, 18:48

they dont follow me into other sectors, but that doesn't change the fact that I am doing the terran cadet start, and half the ships in Terran space want to kill me and all my assets. I also don't want to continue playing with my save like that either, sure there's lots of other stuff I can do in the game but whats the point when overall it's still bugged and I can't play it how I should be able to play it. So basically my only hope at this point is that they fix whatever causes this bug in 6.00 and hope that something is done retroactively to correct the rep at the same time, which im not holding my breath for.

myztkl-kev
x4

Post by myztkl-kev » Tue, 24. Jan 23, 18:52

CBJ wrote:
Tue, 24. Jan 23, 18:43
myztkl-kev wrote:
Tue, 24. Jan 23, 18:36
I dont want to continue playing in case a dev comes back (getting my hopes up) with a copy of my submitted save, fixed.
That's extremely unlikely. If a problem is found then any fix for it would be in a future 6.00 beta update at some point. When we implement such fixes, we do try to include a way forward for existing players who have run into the problem, but we can't guarantee it.
that's pretty much what I assumed, and is kinda discouraging, but thanks for the transparency none-the-less.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 24. Jan 23, 19:15

"I have attempted to adjust faction rep by save editing without success (was able to adjust rep but it made no difference)."

Did that include going below 20 TER rep and hence losing your +20 rep TER rank perks, rebuilding the TER rep back to +20, and then going through the rank award ceremony again? I ask in case it is the ceremony that eventually unlocks the plot SOL authority ship hostility issue. I cannot say that it *will* do the trick, but it may be something to try in the meantime.

I don't think you really needed to do the save edits as losing rep is quite easy to do in normal gameplay - and you might even have gained a useful TER ship or two from them in the process of losing that bit of rep, if you played it craftily enough! :wink:

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”