Torus quest bugged faction rep - game breaking - Fixed in 6.00 b3.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

myztkl-kev
x4

Re: Torus quest bugged faction rep - game breaking.

Post by myztkl-kev » Tue, 24. Jan 23, 19:19

I did consider that, but did not as it took me far too long just to figure out how to raise my rep a couple points. If you knew off hand the values to lower my rep to level 19 just before a level up I will give it a try.

myztkl-kev
x4

Post by myztkl-kev » Tue, 24. Jan 23, 20:37

Alan Phipps wrote:
Tue, 24. Jan 23, 19:15
Did that include going below 20 TER rep and hence losing your +20 rep TER rank perks, rebuilding the TER rep back to +20, and then going through the rank award ceremony again?
So I save edited my rank to level 19, killed some criminals while dodging terran fighters and got my rank back to 20 and barely made it out of the sector because this: https://imgur.com/a/5S4Z17W and getting promoted to savior of humanity or whatever again made no difference :( it was worth trying I suppose.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 30. Jan 23, 16:38

Maybe this might help. The devs confirm that the future fix should resolve this issue.

EDIT: Link sorted, thanks OP.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

izalith
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Torus quest bugged faction rep - game breaking - Fix in a future build.

Post by izalith » Mon, 30. Jan 23, 16:57

To add some details about this bug:

If during "Terran Pests" on the way to the Torus the player cover failed, the story set Terran Military ships in Sol hostile ($terranHostileShips and various degrees of subordinates). This was reset only when players left Sol again to reset it while Terran Pests was still active. Some progressed into the Torus and bypassed the reset, leaving those ships roaming hostile. This is fixed in a future build by also resetting the relation if players reach the Torus with the cover failed.

myztkl-kev
x4

Post by myztkl-kev » Tue, 31. Jan 23, 06:36

izalith wrote:
Mon, 30. Jan 23, 16:57

If during "Terran Pests" on the way to the Torus the player cover failed, the story set Terran Military ships in Sol hostile ($terranHostileShips and various degrees of subordinates). This was reset only when players left Sol again to reset it while Terran Pests was still active. Some progressed into the Torus and bypassed the reset, leaving those ships roaming hostile. This is fixed in a future build by also resetting the relation if players reach the Torus with the cover failed.
thanks for the details, is there going to be something in place to reset their relation after the fact? as that mission has long been completed and I would love to continue playing my save.

izalith
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by izalith » Thu, 2. Feb 23, 08:41

myztkl-kev wrote:
Tue, 31. Jan 23, 06:36
thanks for the details, is there going to be something in place to reset their relation after the fact? as that mission has long been completed and I would love to continue playing my save.
Yes. The fix includes a patch which will run once you load up your game and fix the relations if the mission is long over.

myztkl-kev
x4

Post by myztkl-kev » Thu, 2. Feb 23, 23:52

izalith wrote:
Thu, 2. Feb 23, 08:41
myztkl-kev wrote:
Tue, 31. Jan 23, 06:36
Yes. The fix includes a patch which will run once you load up your game and fix the relations if the mission is long over.
that's great to hear, thank you. I don't have the patience these days to restart after 50 hours lol

myztkl-kev
x4

Post by myztkl-kev » Sun, 5. Feb 23, 20:23

izalith wrote:
Mon, 30. Jan 23, 16:57

Just to add, I can't confirm 100% but im pretty sure I didn't get any messages or indication that my cover failed, nor was I told to leave the system, at least that I noticed.

Can you confirm if this fix is supposed to be included in beta 2? I just realized this was a few days before beta 2 went live, I just tried it though and the ships are still red (first time loading save on build), just want to let you know in case it's supposed to be included.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 5. Feb 23, 21:44

If it had been fixed in 6.00 b2 then it would be in its changelog.

myztkl-kev
x4

Post by myztkl-kev » Tue, 7. Feb 23, 08:15

Alan Phipps wrote:
Sun, 5. Feb 23, 21:44
If it had been fixed in 6.00 b2 then it would be in its changelog.
yeah but I just recalled seeing a note on the patch notes that says if it's not listed it won't be included, and I don't know if that means 6.00 in general or just b2.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 7. Feb 23, 09:43

The beta changelog list shows what was changed in the original 6.00 beta release and also includes each subsequent beta version change at the end of each section with an identifying annotation, eg: (Beta 2). Let's keep on thread topic though.

myztkl-kev
x4

Post by myztkl-kev » Thu, 9. Feb 23, 21:38

can confirm my problem is solved in beta 3, thanks everyone. looking forward to 6.00 release and kingdoms end.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”