No NPC voice communications

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

egor_dubrov
x4

No NPC voice communications

Post by egor_dubrov » Sat, 12. Nov 22, 20:20

When I start my new game start, I noticed after a while that there was no voice communication between NPCs. No NPC pilots talk when they attack an enemy. There is no voice warning from the police when they scan my ship and my pilot doesn't speak to the police. However, other voice notifications are present. It really spoils the atmosphere of the game for me. If I load the old starts or start a new game, then everything is ok, NPC voice communication present. However, in my last start of the game, NPC voice communications are missing. Tell me please, maybe there are settings in the game itself that turn off the voice communications of the NPS? Or can I fix something in the save file?
Egor

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: No NPC voice communications

Post by CBJ » Sat, 12. Nov 22, 21:36

You need to give us some information to work with. Start with your version, whether or not it's modified, your DXDiag and vulkaninfo, all as requested in the very first thread in this forum.

egor_dubrov
x4

Post by egor_dubrov » Sun, 13. Nov 22, 06:52

1. The latest game version from Steam - 5.10 , Language Russian
2. Some mods installed such as Larrge Asteroids, less masstraffic, No Fog, No stardust, Luxure sattelites, Faster Crew Levels, No blinking. When I turn off the mods, the problem is still appear.
3. Game start Splitt Vendetta
4. No change of software and other chages before I noticed a problem
5. this is the save of the game, where the issue is occured https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NuG6LO ... share_link
6. This is DXDiag and vulkan info https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SOGovE ... share_link

Let me remind you that the problem only manifests itself at this start of the game, which was started 2 weeks ago. On other old saved starts of the game, the problem does not appear. Also the problem does not show up if I start a new game start.
Egor

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Sun, 13. Nov 22, 08:48

egor_dubrov wrote:
Sun, 13. Nov 22, 06:52
Let me remind you that the problem only manifests itself at this start of the game, which was started 2 weeks ago. On other old saved starts of the game, the problem does not appear. Also the problem does not show up if I start a new game start.
This could very much be caused by mods. Even if you disable/remove mods, they will still have affected a save file and so anything they broke may not get fixed by removing the mod.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 13. Nov 22, 10:26

Just in passing, perhaps because you are still using Win7, your sound driver is 8 years out of date and your graphics driver is over a year old. I don't know if either of those may have implications in particular in-game situations. If you have all the DLCs installed, the game might become difficult for the 3 GB VRAM on your graphics card to cope as that is the base game's minimum VRAM requirement.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

egor_dubrov
x4

Post by egor_dubrov » Sun, 13. Nov 22, 15:33

My VRAM is 6 GB (1660 ti). My audio card works well on any games including X4 foundations. The problem is only in one game start. Another game starts works well without a problem with the same set of mods. New game start works well without a problem too with the same set of mods. All sounds works well in this game start with NPC communication problem. Only NPC radio Communications is missing in this game start. Based on the above, it can be assumed that the sound card or its driver has nothing to do with it.
Egor

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 13. Nov 22, 15:41

Thanks for the additional information, then your outdated Win7 DxDiag is messing up your system information, unfortunately:

Display Memory: 4095 MB
Dedicated Memory: 3072 MB
Shared Memory: 1023 MB

It might be because you are running a 32 bit DxDiag on a 64 bit Operating System?

Others are not having these issues; hence we look for inconsistencies in your system information
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

egor_dubrov
x4

Post by egor_dubrov » Sun, 13. Nov 22, 16:22

This is GPU-Z information about my videocard https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WVeCFf ... share_link
Egor

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”