[5.10 All DLC] Scrap Station Processor Out of Resource

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

nflszhu
x4

[5.10 All DLC] Scrap Station Processor Out of Resource

Post by nflszhu » Tue, 8. Nov 22, 14:15

Hi all,

I built a scrap station in Venus with 36 Scrap processors, 44 Scrap Recyclers (Terran + Commonwealth) and 200 Energy Cell Production (common wealth), and assigned 50 + manticores to the station. However, even though I can see multiple manticores circling around the station trying to drop off their scrap, the station is constantly out of scrap metal and showing 20+ scrap processor "module without resource". Could you advise if this is normal behavior?

Here is the save:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoT6Nmg1pfdysn9skj8 ... n?e=OfTriR

Thank you!

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [5.10 All DLC] Scrap Station Processor Out of Resource

Post by Imperial Good » Tue, 8. Nov 22, 22:55

Not enough Manticores. Venus is quite remote and so manticores waste a lot of time traveling. Some will orbit around the station waiting to unload but this is because they choose a single Raw Scrap processor on arrival and stick to its queue even if other raw scrap processors are idle. This results in some statistically based inefficiency which is what you are reporting but ultimately the Manticores still spend most of their time traveling to/with scrap. Tugging scrap slows them down a lot so it can take a good part of an hour to travel from Getsu Fune, where your scrap cubes are sourced, to Venus.

You also lost a lot of Manticores to the KHK Outpost in Asteroid Belt to the North West. This was spawned by the Hive in Antigone Memorial. I recommend removing those for smooth operation. When I noticed this there were only 36 Manticores assigned to the station which would represent a ~30% loss of raw scrap delivery capability.

After increasing the Manticore count of the station to 179 I was observing raw scrap processing utilisation as high as 31/36 which is over 80% so can be considered realistically ideal due to down time between raw scrap deliveries. Processed scrap storage was increasing quickly and all recycling modules were operating at full speed constantly. 179 Manticores was an extreme number for testing and might be more than required for sufficient utilisation. All the added manticores used ARG Travel Mk3 engines which are the optimum for Manticores due to how much of their time is spent at maximum travel thrust, more ships may be needed if using slower travel thrust engine variants.

nflszhu
x4

Post by nflszhu » Wed, 9. Nov 22, 02:48

Imperial Good wrote:
Tue, 8. Nov 22, 22:55
Not enough Manticores. Venus is quite remote and so manticores waste a lot of time traveling. Some will orbit around the station waiting to unload but this is because they choose a single Raw Scrap processor on arrival and stick to its queue even if other raw scrap processors are idle. This results in some statistically based inefficiency which is what you are reporting but ultimately the Manticores still spend most of their time traveling to/with scrap. Tugging scrap slows them down a lot so it can take a good part of an hour to travel from Getsu Fune, where your scrap cubes are sourced, to Venus.

You also lost a lot of Manticores to the KHK Outpost in Asteroid Belt to the North West. This was spawned by the Hive in Antigone Memorial. I recommend removing those for smooth operation. When I noticed this there were only 36 Manticores assigned to the station which would represent a ~30% loss of raw scrap delivery capability.

After increasing the Manticore count of the station to 179 I was observing raw scrap processing utilisation as high as 31/36 which is over 80% so can be considered realistically ideal due to down time between raw scrap deliveries. Processed scrap storage was increasing quickly and all recycling modules were operating at full speed constantly. 179 Manticores was an extreme number for testing and might be more than required for sufficient utilisation. All the added manticores used ARG Travel Mk3 engines which are the optimum for Manticores due to how much of their time is spent at maximum travel thrust, more ships may be needed if using slower travel thrust engine variants.
Thank you for the input! Assigning additional manticores does seem to alleviate the issue to certain extent. Hopefully the logic will be optimized so that manticores will dynamically choose a dropoff point when it gets close to the scrap station with multiple scrap processors instead of fixating on 1 module.

On the other hand, just curious, could you advise what fps you are getting in empty space and close to one of the shipyards in my save? I have 11800H + 3080 mobile and am getting around 50 fps in empty space and around 10 - 15 around those big stations...LOL

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Wed, 9. Nov 22, 04:03

nflszhu wrote:
Wed, 9. Nov 22, 02:48
On the other hand, just curious, could you advise what fps you are getting in empty space and close to one of the shipyards in my save? I have 11800H + 3080 mobile and am getting around 50 fps in empty space and around 10 - 15 around those big stations...LOL
Big stations ultra late game generally do have low frame rates. I think my empty space frame rate was slightly higher when not in SETA but I am using a desktop so less likely to be running into power or thermal limits while playing. Map performance was quite low, likely sub 30 FPS. SETA performance was pretty much seconds per frame.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”