[v5.10] Brantlee race mission, game chose wrong ship

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Submarine
x3tc

[v5.10] Brantlee race mission, game chose wrong ship

Post by Submarine » Wed, 2. Nov 22, 18:58

Unmodded game. I set up two Katanas for this mission at some expense and the game chose the wrong ship.

At one point the Teladi asks if this is the ship I want to use referring to the unmodified Katana being delivered. Though this was while I was control of the modified Katana in the captains chair and I answered yes.

Then the game chose a captured modified Prometheus as the race ship, despite my previously delivering an identical unmodified Katana and relocating its captain and being in control of the modified Katana when I answered yes. There was no way to choose the race ship I could see.

How can it choose a Prometheus when I delivered a Katana? I think the answer is probably that I modified other M ships after the Katana including the Prometheus because I was working on other things at the same time, like defending Split from the Xenon. Boso Ta kept remarking on whether the modification was the right kind. But delivering a ship should restrict the selection to ships of the same kind with the right mod. I did three more BASIC engine mods after the Katana advanced mod and the Promethrus was one of these, so it was not even using the right kind of mod.

Below is the save, if you reload you find youself in the Katana with guidance running through the Katana from the Prometheus to the Astrid, see following screenshots.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2883482807
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2883482835

If you fly to the Astrid in the Katana, Northriver refuses to race saying its not the right ship.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m80yh4nnrszvs ... ml.gz?dl=0

At no point did the game ask which ship was the race ship, which is what I would expect it to do rather than take random wild illogical guesses.

:evil: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!
bloop

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [v5.10] Brantlee race mission, game chose wrong ship

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 2. Nov 22, 19:31

@ devs: Similar confirmatory threads here and here.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Submarine
x3tc

Post by Submarine » Wed, 2. Nov 22, 20:57

Workaround was to redo the engine mod on the Katana and that was then the last ship to have an engine mod which was selected for the race.
bloop

Submarine
x3tc

Post by Submarine » Thu, 3. Nov 22, 18:50

Incidently the game plays "OK good you have a ship in which you can begin your race" every time you do an engine mod in any ship while this phase of the mission is active, this includes rerolling the mod, so if you reroll three times paused, the message plays three times after unpausing.

This is obviously not release standard.

There needs to be a way to apply engine mods to other ships.

So there must be a way to identify the race ship via the selection interface and for the mod logic to apply to that ship only and for the message above to play once only per multiple modding sessions once you lose focus on the modding table interface.

You also need to be able to change the designated ship. Perhaps a button to select the race ship in the mission briefing would be simplest.
bloop

TheZapper
x4

Post by TheZapper » Sun, 29. Jan 23, 07:05

Yes, please add a reset. My Ship-to-be-Teleported in was sold, so it still exist but not owned by me. When Boso tells me to Teleport, he points me to the now-not-owned ship so I cant teleport to it making the mission impossible. Need a full mission reset button or something.

BitByte
x4

Post by BitByte » Sat, 4. Feb 23, 12:07

For me Boso Ta accepted S-size condensate freighter as "finish flight" ship.
Mission wasn't active at that point when I removed bunch of mods from BUC ships and then at the same time I installed hull and engine mods to that freighter.

Boso Ta even said in the conversation ship is not fullfilling the requirements but still it was locked that is the ship needs be there.
Race itself I was able to start with tuned Dragon Raider as planned (these I built afterwards the finish line ship type was locked).

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”