[5.10 HF3] NPC station does not despawn after being destroyed

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

TPmerchant
x4

[5.10 HF3] NPC station does not despawn after being destroyed

Post by TPmerchant » Thu, 29. Sep 22, 13:44

So TRI made their way into Argon Prime with a small strike force and blew up the Argon Wharf. However its been days and the destroyed wharf isnt despawning. I went and check it out and it seems there are some modules stuck on initial construction, perhaps trying to rebuild when they blew up. I have seen other stations despawn in that time from other conflicts but this one still remains. Selecting the station says that its a wreck and has 'Processable wares'. Image attached below

Also I couldnt find any build storage, its missing. Im not using any mods that alter stations, just one that changes station render distance, FOCW and some AI tweaks

https://imgur.com/bNw5DZl

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [5.10 HF3] NPC station does not despawn after being destroyed

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 29. Sep 22, 15:08

From extensive vanilla experience of personally attacking Xenon stations, my impression is that no matter whether it would normally be in clear sight, an empty build storage *may* not become visible to the player unless a ship (typically a Xenon S supply ship in my case) is nearby and in the process of visiting to supply it, or unless the player almost drives into it. It then becomes permanently visible (sometimes appearing quite surprisingly close to the player such that there was no way that you would have missed it until then).
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

TPmerchant
x4

Post by TPmerchant » Thu, 29. Sep 22, 17:10

I noticed i am unable to click on the wrecked station as nothing happens. The only context menu that appears is fly and wait, attack. Neither of which seem to do anything. Im not sure whats going on as this wreck appears to be in a bugged state of existence. Is there any way i can delete it from the save file?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 29. Sep 22, 20:58

Editing a save is risky and at best a workaround for an issue that will likely happen again. Discussions of edits tend to be in the S&M forum, especially where 3rd party mods are in use.

The purpose of this forum is to report vanilla issues and have the devs replicate them on their system (usually through you providing a link to vanilla saves showing the issues), investigate the causes and then fix them for future release versions.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”