[#145]guidance crosshair is front of me - actual next target is behind me

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

WoodyAut
x4

[#145]guidance crosshair is front of me - actual next target is behind me

Post by WoodyAut » Sun, 25. Sep 22, 18:30

Hi,

Not sure if this has been already reported in this way (the known problem when guidance is set to an highway looks like different here),
Screenshot at https://imgur.com/a/YLEP0gB (crosshair in front, on radar behind)
Save at https://gofile.io/d/AY6rJ5
I am in emperors pride VI, the guidance is set to the Erlking in wretched skies, and the guidance crosshair leads me to a point behind the highway, flying further keeps the crosshair in front, but increases the distance (was already wondering if i missed a sector somehow)

Best regards
WoodyAut

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: guidance crosshair is front of me - actual next target is behind me

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 26. Sep 22, 10:33

Is that the same issue as this report of yours as expanded by others but just appearing in mid-guidance rather than final guidance? Hopefully it is since that issue has a dev reference number in the bug tracker.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

WoodyAut
x4

Re: guidance crosshair is front of me - actual next target is behind me

Post by WoodyAut » Mon, 26. Sep 22, 10:56

Hi Alan,

At least looks like the problem described by Sparky later on - he targeted a station in another sector and the guidance focused on the wrong next step.
Might be of course also somehow related to the original post from me - i often see "find highway to (whatever sector)" although i am standing in front of the highway to this sector.
The yellow line shows most of the time the correct course, but the target crosshair for the next step in the route runs wild.

Best regards
WoodyAut

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”