Invulnerable Criminal Mass Traffic

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Dragonlord1975
x4

Invulnerable Criminal Mass Traffic

Post by Dragonlord1975 » Sat, 24. Sep 22, 07:02

I have noticed that some of the mass traffic that are criminals can't be killed and will flight right throught the station modules, and will continue to be unkillable until they are 1 to 2k away from the station at which point you can finaly kill them. This can potentially break the missions that you have to kill criminals in mass traffic. At one point I have had 3 unkillable while trying to kill a total of 8.
Last edited by Alan Phipps on Sat, 24. Sep 22, 10:36, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added info to title

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Mass Traffic

Post by Imperial Good » Sat, 24. Sep 22, 08:20

If you can reliably reproduce this issue from a not modified save then please provide the save file and reproduction instructions. This enormously helps the developers solving such bugs.

You can provide downloads for save files using reputable cloud storage providers such as using the free tiers of dropbox, googledrive or OneDrive.

Omni-Orb
x4

Post by Omni-Orb » Sat, 24. Sep 22, 16:35

Imperial Good wrote:
Sat, 24. Sep 22, 08:20
If you can reliably reproduce this issue from a not modified save then please provide the save file and reproduction instructions. This enormously helps the developers solving such bugs.

You can provide downloads for save files using reputable cloud storage providers such as using the free tiers of dropbox, googledrive or OneDrive.
I encounter it sometimes, doesn't seem to have a trigger that I can replicate, and if I load the save it is gone. I'm guessing you will have to find it the difficult way.
It has been in the game since ca 4.0, and the only thing I noticed that is another mass traffic bug that might be connected was once when a mass traffic criminal seemed to 'teleport' hundreds of kilometers away from where it first was, and then after a while back again.
I couldn't get a save game for it so I didn't report it. And same with the invulnerable mass traffic, I made a report about it a long time ago.

Also an important note: They are not invulnerable, it is the fact that shots go through them as if the model isnt 'solid'

There is probably a connection with this bug and the bug with superhighways being nonsolid sometimes aswell in the game code.
Credence follow stars.

Dragonlord1975
x4

Re: Invulnerable Criminal Mass Traffic

Post by Dragonlord1975 » Sat, 24. Sep 22, 23:27

I did a little experiment after making the post. I had 5 laser towers in my ship and so I put them out and all 5 shot through the criminal like you said the shots go right through it. I do have a screen shot of it I couldn't make a video thought.

Duncaroos
x4

Post by Duncaroos » Sun, 25. Sep 22, 02:06

Imperial Good wrote:
Sat, 24. Sep 22, 08:20

I've had times where I save and reload and the ship is no longer invulnerable....might not be possible unless it gets really really stuck
Playing X4+All_DLC 6.20 Build - on:
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X; RAM: 4x8GB DDR4 3200MHz; GPU: GTX 1070 8GB, Driver v516.94, DirectX 12.0; OS: Win10 Home 22H2 (19045.3086); Monitor: Single Acer S232HL 1920x1080

Duncaroo's Station Storage Estimator

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”