Game freezes during a mission

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

kzwix
x4

Game freezes during a mission

Post by kzwix » Wed, 18. May 22, 23:05

Hello,

I've found a mission which utterly freezes my game. It's a passenger taxi mission (from a scanned message).
When the passenger enters the ship and wants to tell me I can take off, the game freezes.

Should I send my savegame ? Or are there game logs which should detail the problem ?
I verified my game install (via Steam), and it seems OK.
Build ID 8634178 - I have Split Vendetta and Cradle of Humanity.

[Edit]
It's a Freeze, not a Crash to Desktop. However, after it froze, I can only quit the game, nothing else works, no menus, nothing. ALT-F4 still works, though.
I tried changing the active mission, the game still freezes. It's not triggered by the entry of the NPC in the ship (I'm flying the Yaki ship), but by being in the ship after the NPC entered. If I'm already in the ship (pilot seat, for instance), it crashes as soon as the NPC is inside. Else, if I'm on the dock, I see him enter, then enter the ship elevator, disappear, etc, works fine. Then, when I climb the ladder, as soon as I'm in the ship, it freezes.
---
I tried undocking a bit before the NPC entered the ship, and my game still froze a few seconds later. So, there might be an event somewhere which causes that.
However, after I tried cancelling the mission, I still saw the NPC enter the ship (probably wouldn't cancel the orders), but the game DIDN'T freeze, this time. Been playing for several minutes without problems, while it used to freeze only a few seconds after I loaded my savegame.
So, yep, definitely tied to that mission.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Game freezes during a mission

Post by CBJ » Thu, 19. May 22, 10:35

Yes, please provide your savegame. As per the instructions in the first thread in the forum, just upload it somewhere reputable and provide a link.

kzwix
x4

Post by kzwix » Thu, 19. May 22, 18:42

Ok.

Oh, and additional info:
Game is in english (build already provided above).
No mods.
"Spear of the Patriarch" game start.

DxDiag:
https://fastupload.io/Pn2hPWzL7nm2O4U

Savegame, a few seconds before the NPC enters the ship:
https://fastupload.io/wTF741FEdIkQrsQ

Tell me if you need any more info.

kzwix
x4

Post by kzwix » Mon, 30. May 22, 19:04

Hey,

Just being curious: Have you guys been able to reproduce the bug with the provided savegame ?
If so, have you found the cause of the problem ? I'm guessing a "missing" voice file (or one whose name/reference/whatever is incorrect) ?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 30. May 22, 19:12

Not a dev, but your Nvidia graphics driver suite (and hence also Vulkan and Nvidia sound driver) can be updated from the Nvidia update site. Unfortunately your Windows Error Reporting is not capturing your X4 issues.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

kzwix
x4

Post by kzwix » Mon, 30. May 22, 19:38

Thanks, I might give a peek at improving those drivers.
However, I'm pretty sure it wasn't a graphics issue, and while the savegame was able to reproduce the bug 100% for me, I didn't get it anymore after I cancelled the mission.

So, for now, I'm good, and merely wanted to know if the devs managed to get something out of it :)

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”