[#62][5.10 HF2] Can't expand station storage - completely breaks the info window - Fix in a build after 5.10 HF3.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Nulric
x4

[#62][5.10 HF2] Can't expand station storage - completely breaks the info window - Fix in a build after 5.10 HF3.

Post by Nulric » Mon, 16. May 22, 06:52

As title. I suddenly cannot expand the "Storage" portion of the station storage section (not build storage), in the information window, for the player HQ. Save and instructions below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kjxk849x8bcos ... ml.gz?dl=0

1 ) Load the game.
2 ) Open the player property window.
3 ) (optional). I always expand the station's list (Only station I own, named Dragon's Lair. It is the player HQ), and expand both alpha and beta group, so I can see the miners and the trader attached to the station.
4 ) Click on the station, Dragon's Lair.
5 ) Click the "Information" button.
6 ) When the station info window comes up, scroll to the bottom. Notice that you can click to expand the station's build storage without issue. Expand it, collapse it, it works fine.
7 ) Now attempt to expand the station storage section. It will not expand at all.
8 ) Now, notice that the rest of the info window has become completely unresponsive after clicking to expand the storage. The tabs at top won't change, the build storage section can't be expanded or collapsed, etc.

At the moment, I'm unable to check the storage status of anything in my station via the property information window interface. It's not that big of a station, compared to other folks. It has only 17 wares in that list to show.

I'm on Steam. I run no mods. I have verified the game files integrity, and reloaded/rebooted etc. per the norm. Not sure what to do to remedy this at this point. I figured professional help is going to be better at this point.

Nulric
x4

Re: [5.10 HF2] Can't expand station storage. Doing so completely breaks the information window.

Post by Nulric » Mon, 16. May 22, 07:56

So, it would appear that after going about my business for an hour or so, whatever condition was causing the window to break, has cleared itself up. It's no longer an issue now. That said, the save still happens when it IS an issue, and should therefore at least provide a look at a condition that can cause some bad behavior.

thijso

Re: [5.10 HF2] Can't expand station storage. Doing so completely breaks the information window.

Post by thijso » Mon, 16. May 22, 11:29

Glad I'm not the only one and that you've provided a clear way for the devs to reproduce.

I have this happen to me often during later game, and it is very annoying. It indeed clears up after a time, so doesn't completely break a game. But still, it should be fixed.

florianlt
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [#62][5.10 HF2] Can't expand station storage. Doing so completely breaks the information window.

Post by florianlt » Fri, 6. Jan 23, 10:59

This is a duplicate of viewtopic.php?f=183&t=449076 -> menu problem fixed in an upcoming version

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”