[5.10] Map loading issue - Fix in a build after 5.10 HF1.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

generalerr0r

[5.10] Map loading issue - Fix in a build after 5.10 HF1.

Post by generalerr0r » Mon, 11. Apr 22, 06:15

Since I installed the 5.10 update, I experience issues where, after some time, the map screen wouldn't load up. This is what it looks when I try to open the map:

https://i.imgur.com/nYPLjAv.png

When that issue happens, I can still walk around using the left analog stick and enter the start menu. Saving and reloading fixes the issue, but it will happen again after a few minutes.

I have no mods installed.
Last edited by Terre on Mon, 11. Apr 22, 07:09, edited 1 time in total.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [5.10] Map loading issue

Post by CBJ » Mon, 11. Apr 22, 09:22

Unfortunately a screenshot doesn't tell us much. Can you provide the information requested in the sticky threads at the top of the forum, particularly the DXDiag and vulkaninfo output, and preferably also a savegame? Instructions on how to do so are also in the sticky threads.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Mon, 11. Apr 22, 10:10

This happens when the CPU is too busy or there are "rubish" scattered in your RAM.
I'd suggest to wait a bit after entering a sector before engaging the map especially if your CPU is on the i5 side more than i7 or i9...
If after some time (1-2 mins) the map does not come along (by closing and reopening it) the "only" solution is to save, exit and reload as, most probably your RAM is cluttered by rubish and needs cleaning...

generalerr0r

Post by generalerr0r » Mon, 11. Apr 22, 20:46

DxDiag: https://drive.google.com/file/d/13V1Pli ... sp=sharing

Vulkaninfo: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NfMGqe ... sp=sharing

Savegame: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ot5p7U ... sp=sharing

- Version 5.10 German
- No mods whatsoever
- Game Start: Najia Takio
- The problem occurs at random times when I try to load up the map. Sometimes it takes an hour or so, sometimes it happens the first time I try to open the map.
- Relevant changes: The problem happened the first time after downloading the 5.10 update.
Last edited by generalerr0r on Tue, 12. Apr 22, 10:30, edited 1 time in total.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 11. Apr 22, 20:57

Unfortunately all your linked files are locked behind a "You need access" screen. You'll need to make them public.

generalerr0r

Post by generalerr0r » Tue, 12. Apr 22, 10:30

OK, sry. I changed them to public, so it should work now.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 12. Apr 22, 11:00

Hello. From the DxDiag, both your AMD integrated graphics and Nvidia dedicated graphics card drivers are about a year outdated. Try updating both from their respective driver update sites (and which will include an update to Vulkan) and see if that helps. Good luck.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

florianlt
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by florianlt » Thu, 14. Apr 22, 15:26

Fixed in a future version. Please note that it may be a while before the next update.

SphinxofBlackQuartz
x4

Post by SphinxofBlackQuartz » Thu, 21. Apr 22, 01:18

dtpsprt wrote:
Mon, 11. Apr 22, 10:10
This happens when the CPU is too busy or there are "rubish" scattered in your RAM.
I'd suggest to wait a bit after entering a sector before engaging the map especially if your CPU is on the i5 side more than i7 or i9...
If after some time (1-2 mins) the map does not come along (by closing and reopening it) the "only" solution is to save, exit and reload as, most probably your RAM is cluttered by rubish and needs cleaning...
The same, or at least a similar, thing happened to me today, but the problem doesn't appear to be an overloaded CPU (currently running at about 38% utilization), nor, so far as I can tell, is it "rubbish in my RAM"; the problem recurred immediately after a reboot. GPU drivers are up to date.

(Egosoft folks, it sounds like you have this fixed, but I can provide DxDiag info if you would find it useful.)

Map > right-click on a station > Logical Overview > return (<) button in the upper right caused this issue to happen consistently; in fact, now it seems to happen every time I look at a logical overview. Also, I'm now encountering other erratic behavior from my map interface has begun behaving erratically; for example, the icons and buttons on the map become non-responsive when clicked, and keyboard shortcuts don't work either.

Does anybody have suggestions for a work-around? This is making it darn near impossible to play for more than 2-3 minutes at a time.
THE HAPPINESS OF SEEING AGAIN THE SLIGHTLY DISGUSTING ALIEN FRIENDS. EXTREME DELIGHTFUL.

Krimzon_Flygon

Map Bug

Post by Krimzon_Flygon » Thu, 21. Apr 22, 01:27

I've run into an issue with the map that basically makes the game unplayable.

For the first few minutes after I open the game, the map works just fine. About a minute later, the bug manifests: I hit the map button, the screen flickers as if the map is opening...and it doesn't. I'm still in the cockpit/on a station, but I can't move until I 'close' the map with the escape/m button. It's like the map is open, but it's invisible. I exit the game, restart it, the map works again...and then a minute later I run into the problem again. I tried checking the game files and everything is apparently in order, so it's not that.

SphinxofBlackQuartz
x4

Re: Map Bug

Post by SphinxofBlackQuartz » Thu, 21. Apr 22, 02:35

Is this the issue you describe?

[5.10] Map loading issue

A developer has responded: "Fixed in a future version. Please note that it may be a while before the next update."

As for right now, I'm not aware of any good work-arounds; I'll let you know if I find anything.
Last edited by Ketraar on Thu, 21. Apr 22, 10:25, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: merged with existing report
THE HAPPINESS OF SEEING AGAIN THE SLIGHTLY DISGUSTING ALIEN FRIENDS. EXTREME DELIGHTFUL.

Shimi

Re: [5.10] Map loading issue - Fix in a build after 5.10 HF1.

Post by Shimi » Mon, 3. Oct 22, 13:31

this bug is annoying :cry: it happens so often for me

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [5.10] Map loading issue - Fix in a build after 5.10 HF1.

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 3. Oct 22, 13:48

@ Shimi: Please don't distract and waste time in Tech Sp with pointless 'me too' posts that contain no further useful information or without reading the thread. If you look at the posts before yours then you will see that a dev has said that this particular issue will be fixed in the next release version.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Commissar0617

Post by Commissar0617 » Thu, 1. Dec 22, 02:40

florianlt wrote:
Thu, 14. Apr 22, 15:26
Fixed in a future version. Please note that it may be a while before the next update.
no possibility of a hotfix? im completely unable to play due to this issue.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”