[#253]Bug Report 5.00-6.00 HF2 - Related to Astrid and saving, affecting music volume settings.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Candergart
x4

[#253]Bug Report 5.00-6.00 HF2 - Related to Astrid and saving, affecting music volume settings.

Post by Candergart » Wed, 6. Apr 22, 05:25

5.00 HF 4 (475603) - 2022-03-24
Game Start: The one where I start in Avarice (No idea what the name is)
Language: English
Mods installed: "No Kha'ak", I don't think it causes this issue.

Bug: Game disregards volume settings for music during game save while player is in the Astrid

Yea I know this sounds odd but this "only" happens when I am in the Astrid, piloting or not.
I have my music volume set to 0 but every time the game saves when I am in the Astrid, the music starts blasting at full volume.
Really annoying.
For me this happens 100% of the time in the Astrid and 0% of the time in other ships or other places.

Note: When I hit escape or pause, I can hear the music for a fraction of a second also, but then it stops.
It is only during save that it blasts on during the whole save progress.

Sysinfo:
CPU: AMD 5950x
GPU: AMD 6900xt OC
Mem: 64GB
Dxdiag: http://lmfao.se/X4/DxDiag.txt

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Bug Report in 5.00 - Related to Astrid and saving, affecting music volume settings.

Post by Imperial Good » Wed, 6. Apr 22, 06:06

The Astrid party music is a 3D sound effect and not an actual BGM. As such it does not use the music volume slider.

I think the bug is that 3D positional audio plays flat (full volume, as if player was standing right next to source) when saving and for a brief moment after resuming from pause, the two likely related. This is most noticeable with the Astrid as the party music has an extremely loud base volume, but it is also commonly observed with engine hums of L and XL ships.

Candergart
x4

Re: Bug Report in 5.00 - Related to Astrid and saving, affecting music volume settings.

Post by Candergart » Wed, 6. Apr 22, 06:16

Thanks for the comment.

I have actually never heard this "party music" outside of the saving duration.
Except for maybe in Bars on stations, but that's a different tune and way more bass :)

Could this also be related to the guns on the Astrid not making any sounds at all for me?

Maebius

Post by Maebius » Wed, 6. Apr 22, 14:08

I can confirm this happens to me as well.
There is zero "astrid-only" ambient music while in it, until pause/escape/save is pressed and then WHAM, loud music for 1/10th of a second.

Withidread
x4

Post by Withidread » Thu, 7. Apr 22, 19:14

Took me awhile, but I finally figured out where the music plays normally.
Spoiler
Show
It plays in the bar area of the Astrid, but actually inside the bar where a bartender would stand, not on the other side of the bar. I also heard it in a small area by the pool.
The volume is so low just standing around hearing it that way, it's weird how loud it is if you kick off a save.

Gangfreak
x4

Re: [#253]Bug Report in 5.00 - Related to Astrid and saving, affecting music volume settings.

Post by Gangfreak » Sat, 28. Jan 23, 17:26

Sorry for annoying you with this question, but im playing on 6.00 Beta and still have this issue.

When can we expect, this bug to be fixed?

Best Regards

Gangfreak

ajime
x4

Re: [#253]Bug Report in 5.00 - Related to Astrid and saving, affecting music volume settings.

Post by ajime » Fri, 10. Mar 23, 19:14

I am in vanilla and running 4th gen processor. Always get the auto save music blast in Astrid(probably 15s of music). Not that big of a deal, but i don't mind chilling to the music but preferably at a clickable seat in the Astrid Bar.

johnnyo
x4

Post by johnnyo » Wed, 19. Apr 23, 18:29

Version: 6.00 (497467) English / No Mods

Getting the same that the others are experiencing. Any time the game pauses/saves, the music blasts at full strength, even if the music is completely turned off in the options.

Repro Video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OuzpLn ... sp=sharing
Save Game: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GkyUVd ... sp=sharing

Thanks!

Gabloc

Post by Gabloc » Tue, 2. May 23, 01:56

I experienced the same bug.
Version: 6.0 HF2
Language: Simplified Chinese

No mod installed

I can attach my save file if needed.

Casishur
x4

Re: [#253]Bug Report 5.00-6.00 HF2 - Related to Astrid and saving, affecting music volume settings.

Post by Casishur » Mon, 22. May 23, 18:54

fun fact. if you are in the Astrid and press the pause button or the game menu (ESC) button, the Astrid music plays for a Friktion of a second.
CPU Typ Ryzen 9 3900x
Grafikkarte Radeon RX 6600 XT 8GB
Arbeitsspeicher: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4 3200MHz
Motherboard Name/Typ MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Win 10 64 bit

Betty : Autopilot.... hat.... total Versagt.

Twitch https://www.twitch.tv/Casishur

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”