[5.00+HF4] Teuta Has Issues With Targetting Static Wrecks While Out Of System

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

LinovaA
x4

[5.00+HF4] Teuta Has Issues With Targetting Static Wrecks While Out Of System

Post by LinovaA » Thu, 24. Mar 22, 18:04

Edit: Realized I never included some of the information like system specs, unmodded, game start, etc.

Version and language: 5.00 HF4 - English
Unmodded
Game start being played: Stranded

In my current save, I have set up a scrap facility in Family Nhuut, and moved a Teuta and a few manticores to service it. Figured the Teuta could do well with the static wrecks that are in the system. However, I noticed that after leaving the system, any orders to salvage the static wrecks were canceled and the Teuta would go idle.

There is a single exception to this, where sometimes if the Teuta is set to AutoSalvage, it will still go ahead with tearing down the wreck but will go back to not targeting static wrecks until I am back in the system.

Game Save: https://easyupload.io/gxv6sf

I have set up a scenario in this save to demonstrate. I have left a Perseus in Open Market to teleport to and I have manually set the Teuta to salvage a number of wrecks in Family Nhuut. Upon teleporting, the Teuta should soon after cancel all its salvaging orders and go idle.

A secondary test of the weird behavior can be done by canceling those manual orders and setting the Teuta to AutoSalvage. Wait until it targets a static wreck before teleporting, as it has no problems targeting actual ship and station wrecks. Once it's targeting teleport to the Perseus in Open Market, and wait for Teuta to finish with the static wreck. Afterward, it should target one of the faction shipwrecks or the destroyed Ore Refinery. I have observed that if there are no faction shipwrecks or station wrecks, the Teuta will say there are no wrecks nearby and just kind of wait around until it can find a faction shipwreck or station wreck.

System Specs: Dxdiag can be found here: https://easyupload.io/jn0k2s

niki142
x4

Re: [5.00+HF4] Teuta Has Issues With Targetting Static Wrecks While Out Of System

Post by niki142 » Tue, 3. May 22, 18:54

With version 5.10 HF2, the problem still exists and besides occasionally jumping to any Teuta working with these natural scrap resources, there seems to be no way of getting them to work.

I do hope the devs will soon find a way to fix this.

nick75
x3

Re: [5.00+HF4] Teuta Has Issues With Targetting Static Wrecks While Out Of System

Post by nick75 » Thu, 2. Jun 22, 12:48

June 2nd 2022.
v5.10, vanilla (no mods).
Genesis Project Start.

The Teuta is still a useless trash compactor as whenever the player leaves the system the ship is working in, the Teuta seems going blind to any wreck, even the one it was just processing.

Having Advanced satellites or recon / partol ships around doesn't help either.

It seems as all the wrecks just despawn as soon as the player leaves ( or teleport-out of) the system, and the Teuta goes idle. This could be actually true as when the player moves out of the system all the wrecks just disappear from the map.

May be there is an issue with the wrecks respawn? Just guessing...

:gruebel:

nick75
x3

Post by nick75 » Wed, 10. Aug 22, 12:41

August 8, 2022.

The issue still persists.

The Teuta is still useless.

jaspertomas

Post by jaspertomas » Wed, 17. Aug 22, 05:07

I found the solution!

I fully upgraded all my teuta's software (I'm not sure which one did the trick, but maybe it's the long range scan), dropped several resource beacons and a basic satellite near (overlapping) each other and near my scrap factory, and set him to autosalvage. I think that's it. Now he keeps coming back to the nearest wreck to my scrap yard (in Getsu Fune, but this also worked for me in Windfall 4), that respawns almost as soon as he's done with it.

Kronnos81
x4

Post by Kronnos81 » Tue, 29. Nov 22, 23:23

Hi it looks like i run in to the same problem as all others, still the same issue IS = all good OOS = bad Wrecks not found. Still with version 5.10
I also added a link to my savegame please help I have no idea any more. Change the scanner / Software or adding more resource beacons but it was not helpful i build my base in Getsu fune.
This are my savegame its a vanilla version started with a budgeting game.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoI0fPk6mEdeg4QOuqM ... Q?e=aauy74

I have over 1.661 Hours in that game and i love it. Please help @egosoft.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”