Recurrent crashes

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

JohnyONeill

Recurrent crashes

Post by JohnyONeill » Sat, 15. Jan 22, 23:47

Latest, French, split vendetta and cradle of humanity activated
No mods or scripts.
Crash at start and while playing.
Game crashes sundenly and multiple times on one day. When first crash occurs sometimes it w'ont restart and somtimes it made my computer crash on windows blue screen.
For blue screen crash, i reinstalled headset driver because windows event logger specified crash was related to this.
I have multiple X4 dump files but i don't know how to open it. Should i send you the files in hex version or have you a tool for reading X4 .dmp files ?
My DxDiag is too long for forum post (it's 136780 chars against the 70000 authorized).

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Recurrent crashes

Post by CBJ » Sun, 16. Jan 22, 00:26

Just upload the DXDiag, vulkaninfo and crashdump files to a reputable file hosting site, as suggested in the sticky threads at the top of the forum.

JohnyONeill

Post by JohnyONeill » Sun, 16. Jan 22, 20:53

Hi i made a google drive with X4 dump files and the DXDiag, i'm not able to provide you windows dump files because i had no more blue screens on crash since i posted this message. I will update this thread if it occurs again.
Here's the link : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sun, 16. Jan 22, 22:22

Bluescreen crashes don't create game dumpfiles anyway, because they are not directly related to the game. That type of crash can only happen because of a driver or hardware fault. They may only occur when you're doing one particular thing, such as playing a particular game, but they are not caused by that activity, only triggered by it. If you have a bluescreen error then you need to look at the error type that is displayed to get a clue as to which driver and/or hardware is the underlying source of the problem.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”