Space suit hatch not opening on Takoba - seems intermittent.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

frisonic
x4

Space suit hatch not opening on Takoba - seems intermittent.

Post by frisonic » Fri, 23. Apr 21, 09:15

bought a takoba and the space suit bay animation hatch not opening stay closed all the time one can still get in and out though.
I started with the PIO game start did missions to get enough rep and money to get out of the starting reaper bought a takoba from pio took a repair satellite mission at the satt position got up and used ship elevator to go space walking to repair satellite hatch didn't open i just glided trough the hatch and same when i was done and wanted to get back in to the ship hatch stayed closed but i glided trough the hatch again and got back in.
Last edited by frisonic on Tue, 27. Apr 21, 08:37, edited 1 time in total.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Space suit hatch not opening on Takoba

Post by CBJ » Fri, 23. Apr 21, 09:24

I've split this from a different thread so that there is a chance of it being seen. Please provide more information, particularly whether your game is modified, and ideally a savegame demonstrating the problem.

gorman2040
x4

Post by gorman2040 » Mon, 16. Aug 21, 22:52

Hello,

Since this issue doesn't seem new, I am posting in that same thread.
I am using version 4.10 beta 6 and experiencing the same issue. Game is not modified and I used the custom game editor start (budgeted).
The spacesuit hatch does not open/close when one is using the spacesuit to either get in/out of the ship.
This seems only graphical as you are still able to enter or exit the ship.
Same as OP, I just bought the Takoba from the Segaris wharf and noticed the issue when going for my first spacewalk.
No savegame but I could try to replicate it if you are not able to replicate on your side.

Thank you.
"Show me your wares!"
Specs: i5-12600K, 32GB DDR4-3200, 1TB NVMe, RTX2060 Super. Saitek X52. LG 4K TV.
X3 Reunion, X3 TC, X Rebirth and now X4, still shooting Xenon and charting the universe since 2006.

gorman2040
x4

Post by gorman2040 » Tue, 17. Aug 21, 22:28

I don't see the issue anymore today. I noticed it was working when a crew used a pod to get in the ship, the hatch animation played.
I then went to try the spacesuit again and this time, the animation played normally both for exiting and entering the ship.
I'll report back here if I am able to reproduce the issue.
This was 4.10 beta 6.

Cheers.
"Show me your wares!"
Specs: i5-12600K, 32GB DDR4-3200, 1TB NVMe, RTX2060 Super. Saitek X52. LG 4K TV.
X3 Reunion, X3 TC, X Rebirth and now X4, still shooting Xenon and charting the universe since 2006.

gorman2040
x4

Re: Space suit hatch not opening on Takoba - seems intermittent.

Post by gorman2040 » Wed, 1. Sep 21, 05:18

I looked again at this and here is what I found.

I was able to replicate the issue with a Katana as well, didn't try other ships.
The issue only occur for a new ship. once you save and reload, the issue disappear.
To reproduce, buy a ship from one of the Terran faction, and use the hatch, you should go through the hatch without seeing any animation.

That is probably low priority but I thought I would share my findings.

Edit:
I had the issue on a Buzzard Vanguard on a different game and same workaround (save and reload) fixed it.
"Show me your wares!"

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”