4.0 BUG - Mission Station Engineers Needed

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Tarsis
x4

4.0 BUG - Mission Station Engineers Needed

Post by Tarsis » Mon, 19. Apr 21, 22:40

Terran Cadet start, no mods

This is just to let you guys know, I don't really need tech support on this...

I have a mission for the MIN, "Station Engineers Needed". The briefing says the engineers need to be brought or make their way to a particular station.

If I hire some one at a station (even if it's the station I have to deliver them to) and tell them to work directly on the station for the mission (without telling them to go to one of my ships first), the game charges me for the hire but the mission doesn't recognize it and the NPC just stands there as if you had cancelled the hire. You can even immediately hire the NPC again and the game will charge you again but the mission doesn't except it.

If we must send the NPC to our ship first, we should get a message/warning or at least not get charged for the hire.

Tarsis
x4

Re: 4.0 BUG - Preferred build method not working

Post by Tarsis » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 00:26

I saved right in front of an NPC that I just hired, selected the mission destination station and selected the mission under where it should work. I was charged but the mission didn't advance.

Save file: https://we.tl/t-ULAtUnrxS1

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: 4.0 BUG - Mission Station Engineers Needed

Post by CBJ » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 00:34

I've moved your reply to the correct thread. The save here will also be useful, but one for the other scenario would still be appreciated. :)

Tarsis
x4

Post by Tarsis » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 01:11

CBJ wrote:
Tue, 20. Apr 21, 00:34
I've moved your reply to the correct thread. The save here will also be useful, but one for the other scenario would still be appreciated. :)
Sorry, which other scenario? Sending to the ship before handing it in?

All I did for the mission to work was: I hired the NPC and selected him to work on my ship as a crewman. Before he ran off, I clicked on him and told him to work somewhere else, than selected the station for the mission. It also worked if I selected him from my ship to go work at the station for the mission (after he ran off).

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 09:10

Tarsis wrote:
Tue, 20. Apr 21, 01:11
Sorry, which other scenario?
The thread I actually asked for a savegame in, and where you posted your reply and savegame before I moved it, was the one about "preferred build method not working". :)

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”