9 day playthrough runied

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

cdeeks
x3tc

9 day playthrough runied

Post by cdeeks » Wed, 14. Apr 21, 20:14

So i come back to X4 after 4.0 in the hopes all those nigilly economey bugs where fixed and it is looking like they are not. can anyone tell me is my save game dead or can it be saved? (No pun)?

I used cheat mod to inspect all wharfs and shipyards and not one single one has a hull part (been a problem in x4 since release). also i have no enemy to fight for 9 days i prepare to invade zyarth and i invade a ghost town. i do use some mods ill list below. someone on facebook did say to me about a god bug whatever this is. should i wait for 5.0?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xjY6CR ... sp=sharing

mods:
Cheat mod
No dirty glass
No Highways(where u going with this ES?)
Abandoned ship locator
escape pod
ship reverse engineering
improved bombers
improved scouts
more ship rooms
some music mods
nipilios true fortune
Gem FX
VRO
VARIOUS SHIP ADDITION MODS LIKE X3 SHIPS
Better piracy

So last thing i want to do RN is start a new game so if this can be saved i would like to find out how? thank you

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: 9 day playthrough runied

Post by CBJ » Wed, 14. Apr 21, 23:30

I don't fully understand from your post what exactly is wrong with your savegame and what you mean when you ask whether it's "dead". However, with all those mods installed, I'm afraid there's not much we can do to help, and you'll have to work out for yourself - perhaps with help from the mods' authors - what, if anything, is wrong with it. Future updates from us are very unlikely to fix problems if they were caused by mods.

z1ppeh
x4

Post by z1ppeh » Thu, 15. Apr 21, 11:13

When you add mods that new ship mods to your game the amount of ships any of the AI factions requires can be drastically increased... most modders seem to forget that the AI factions don't have the infastructure to actually build those ships (their station counts that provide the resources are not increased to compensate the newly required ships). With the new mechanics in 4.0 this could mean ships are lost and not replaced for quite a while, thus holding back the defence fleets and invasion fleets / mechanics.

This is partially your own fault for adding in "VARIOUS SHIP ADDITION MODS LIKE X3 SHIPS" and partially the modders fault (depending which mod it is as some actually do a v.good job). You have flooded the ship build requests but not provided the necessary wares to build them thus broken the economy balance and things have stagnated into a situation where ships are built and instantly go and die.

A possible fix would be to remove ship mods that are not essential (VRO does too much to be removed as it is an overhaul) and give it time for everything to be supplied/rebuilt... how long it takes? you could learn how to knit a hat whilst waiting. You may even have to kickstart the economy yourself. The game is not dead, but you have basically overloaded it a bit with your mods.

cdeeks
x3tc

Post by cdeeks » Thu, 15. Apr 21, 11:22

z1ppeh wrote:
Thu, 15. Apr 21, 11:13
When you add mods that new ship mods to your game the amount of ships any of the AI factions requires can be drastically increased... most modders seem to forget that the AI factions don't have the infastructure to actually build those ships (their station counts that provide the resources are not increased to compensate the newly required ships). With the new mechanics in 4.0 this could mean ships are lost and not replaced for quite a while, thus holding back the defence fleets and invasion fleets / mechanics.

This is partially your own fault for adding in "VARIOUS SHIP ADDITION MODS LIKE X3 SHIPS" and partially the modders fault (depending which mod it is as some actually do a v.good job). You have flooded the ship build requests but not provided the necessary wares to build them thus broken the economy balance and things have stagnated into a situation where ships are built and instantly go and die.

A possible fix would be to remove ship mods that are not essential (VRO does too much to be removed as it is an overhaul) and give it time for everything to be supplied/rebuilt... how long it takes? you could learn how to knit a hat whilst waiting. You may even have to kickstart the economy yourself. The game is not dead, but you have basically overloaded it a bit with your mods.
Thank you help you where more helpful than the pretend forum mod above u who i seem to notice CBA helping many on here and dismisses just bec we have mods. Wether ES like it or not the majority of player base use mods why x4 is so popular is you ask me. and as much as i would normally agree with you this is an issue on non modded games to.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 15. Apr 21, 12:02

Your opinions on whether this is a mod issue and how many people use mods notwithstanding, the forum rules at the top of this forum are very clear.
The forum rules wrote:
Thu, 29. Nov 18, 23:19
Note: If your game is modified in any way, whether via a third party script or mod, or via changes you have made yourself, you will almost certainly be asked to reproduce the problem in an unmodified game before full support can be provided. Support for third party modifications must be provided by the authors of those modifications, and any requests for such support should be posted in the appropriate thread in the Scripts and Modding forum.
We are not "dismissing" people with mods, but we cannot provide technical support for someone else's work.

z1ppeh
x4

Post by z1ppeh » Thu, 15. Apr 21, 12:05

cdeeks wrote:
Thu, 15. Apr 21, 11:22
Thank you help you where more helpful than the pretend forum mod above u who i seem to notice CBA helping many on here and dismisses just bec we have mods. Wether ES like it or not the majority of player base use mods why x4 is so popular is you ask me. and as much as i would normally agree with you this is an issue on non modded games to.
Since overall balance is a question for each individual player and their abililties ingame, the second you start modding it becomes a player realm of how they achieve balance. Egosofts balance has to cover every type of player as there are no 'difficulty' settings ingame as such, and its actually quite good as an average for time/shipcount etc. Unfortunately, every modded game and the ridiculous potential of combinations of mods is mostly dismissed unless a proven link to vanilla mechanics can be shown since the devs are unlikely to even see a fraction of the mods available for the game, let alone look at them. The majority of mods are written by people who, quite frankly, have no clue about the far reaching affects of their mods. Adding ships in to the game is cool... but who builds the wares for those ships? Who mines the resources for those wares? where do those resources even come from? what affect do they have on a particular factions strength? How, especially with the new battle mechanics, does a faction equate its newly gained strength and ability to invade more often with more ships vs a complete lack of thought into adding ships to other factions? There are so many questions people ignore in their continuity checks (haha like 99% of modders even remotely do this anyway) to push a mod out to gain likes nowadays.

Vanilla games are sometimes affected by things like this but its usually easily pointed to invasion mechanics and 'luck of the draw' of where ships are and what they are doing at any given time (which is completely random in every one of our games too).

However, Ego strive to make it better for all of us and 4.0 has made some quite mega changes to things. Let the devs tweak and play for a while with the new mechanics and things that have changed. For every soul that played the beta and reported issues, there are hundreds/thousands more that waited and are seeing massive changes since they started their saves and that, unfortunately, is a time based thing.

As for your game, there are some mods out there that increase production speed / mine rates or simply grab a cheat mod and restock the faction wharfs/shipyards (all of them) for a few hours until they can rebuild their empire appropriately and you will see a quick injection into your game.

Unfortunately its an extremely complex system (vorsprung durch technik comes to mind) and adding mods into it just throws the entire game out of whack unless you know exactly what your doing.

cdeeks
x3tc

Post by cdeeks » Thu, 15. Apr 21, 13:03

z1ppeh wrote:
Thu, 15. Apr 21, 12:05
cdeeks wrote:
Thu, 15. Apr 21, 11:22
Since overall balance is a question for each individual player and their abililties ingame, the second you start modding it becomes a player realm of how they achieve balance. Egosofts balance has to cover every type of player as there are no 'difficulty' settings ingame as such, and its actually quite good as an average for time/shipcount etc. Unfortunately, every modded game and the ridiculous potential of combinations of mods is mostly dismissed unless a proven link to vanilla mechanics can be shown since the devs are unlikely to even see a fraction of the mods available for the game, let alone look at them. The majority of mods are written by people who, quite frankly, have no clue about the far reaching affects of their mods. Adding ships in to the game is cool... but who builds the wares for those ships? Who mines the resources for those wares? where do those resources even come from? what affect do they have on a particular factions strength? How, especially with the new battle mechanics, does a faction equate its newly gained strength and ability to invade more often with more ships vs a complete lack of thought into adding ships to other factions? There are so many questions people ignore in their continuity checks (haha like 99% of modders even remotely do this anyway) to push a mod out to gain likes nowadays.

Vanilla games are sometimes affected by things like this but its usually easily pointed to invasion mechanics and 'luck of the draw' of where ships are and what they are doing at any given time (which is completely random in every one of our games too).

However, Ego strive to make it better for all of us and 4.0 has made some quite mega changes to things. Let the devs tweak and play for a while with the new mechanics and things that have changed. For every soul that played the beta and reported issues, there are hundreds/thousands more that waited and are seeing massive changes since they started their saves and that, unfortunately, is a time based thing.

As for your game, there are some mods out there that increase production speed / mine rates or simply grab a cheat mod and restock the faction wharfs/shipyards (all of them) for a few hours until they can rebuild their empire appropriately and you will see a quick injection into your game.

Unfortunately its an extremely complex system (vorsprung durch technik comes to mind) and adding mods into it just throws the entire game out of whack unless you know exactly what your doing.
I done the cheat mod and restocked them all back up i even gave them a load of other ressources but apparently my game has the god bug as am told on other forums. when i research god bug online i find i do infact have it and this is why in the image you see many duplicate ghost stations. frankly i only play x games with mods and have been playing x games since x3 TC so am no stranger to how the game universe works. But like i said above i have seen this issue in vanilla games in the past. I am not saying a mod isnt the problem but for an entire galaxy to have no ship building wares is bad, i mean even additional ship mods only add there ships to the already existing jobs list thus factions still build the same size fleets as before but just have a bigger pool of ships to choose from.

Having said that i do agree we shouldn't expect devs to look into a modded game for bugs but at the same time reports should not just be dismissed as a modding issue, particularly when a major patch has just dropped, also unrelated theres a massive complaints about stations only mining one ressource and i know this is a vanilla bug so perhaps this is related i dont know , it is not my job to find out. I know ES and i know how they work they are one of my favourate game developers these days since so many are terrible now ES still make great amazing games But dam the bugs can piss u off when you spend 9 days building an empire only to have the universe ruined by a broken economey.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”