Lategame station inflation - Improvements in a future build.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Hasenpfote
x4

Lategame station inflation - Improvements in a future build.

Post by Hasenpfote » Tue, 13. Apr 21, 18:55

There are several sectors with around 200 stations, built by NPC. It looks like there is something broken with the AI behavior in choosing, how many station are needed for certain stuff.

EDIT: Savegame: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Video: https://youtu.be/VK4N28YP2KY
Last edited by Hasenpfote on Thu, 15. Apr 21, 17:15, edited 1 time in total.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Lategame station inflation

Post by CBJ » Tue, 13. Apr 21, 19:08

Sorry, but since you've not provided any of the information requested at the top of the forum, there is little or nothing we can do with your statement. The bare minimum we would need would be to know whether or not your game is modified, and without an unmodified savegame the chances of us being able to work out why it's happened in your game are close to zero.

Black Falcon
x4

Post by Black Falcon » Wed, 14. Apr 21, 20:22

It's not 200 Stations but the Paranid build a pretty huge amount of very low module count stations in the upper north west region. They clump in about three large station clusters in Wretched Skies X.
Maybe it's a sample of similar situation.

Savegame:
https://www.magentacloud.de/lnk/AggAgBJl

From my oberservations AI builds new stations if some resources are missing. Maybe it's just a symtom of trade getting stuck, resulting in high trade offers and AI tries to compensate by building more factories.
Maybe it's related to this topic?
viewtopic.php?f=183&t=436443
If you are interested in Homeworld 2 or EVE Online, take a look at my mod at:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/eve-rts

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Wed, 14. Apr 21, 23:54

CBJ wrote:
Tue, 13. Apr 21, 19:08
Sorry, but since you've not provided any of the information requested at the top of the forum, there is little or nothing we can do with your statement. The bare minimum we would need would be to know whether or not your game is modified, and without an unmodified savegame the chances of us being able to work out why it's happened in your game are close to zero.
Here is a save were it's most apparent for SCA in Silent Witness sectors. about 100 station, 18 Nostrop and 25 Medical Supplies. You can look at the rest of the map too, think there might be some other places were one would consider it "spam".

Link to save:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aafaNS ... sp=sharing

Hasenpfote
x4

Post by Hasenpfote » Thu, 15. Apr 21, 17:15

Have edited the first posting with Video and Savegame

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Wed, 5. May 21, 14:55

Thanks for the reports and saves. We've made some improvements to stop this happening and will sort our your saves.
Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

Stingads_Gsöchts
x4

Re: Lategame station inflation - Improvements in a future build.

Post by Stingads_Gsöchts » Wed, 5. May 21, 17:48

Just in case you need another save: viewtopic.php?f=183&t=438084.

SCA building frenzy
Cockpits!

strask412
x4

Post by strask412 » Mon, 10. May 21, 00:55

Xenon_Slayer wrote:
Wed, 5. May 21, 14:55
Thanks for the reports and saves. We've made some improvements to stop this happening and will sort our your saves.
Bold added by me. Thanks again, Egosoft, for the excellent customer service you provide by retroactively fixing our saves when possible!
"If I were a shadowy nemesis that wanted to strike the Protectorate where it's weakest, Pioneers space is where I'd begin."
- Delilah Shiratori

nOy
x4

Post by nOy » Tue, 1. Jun 21, 18:49

strask412 wrote:
Mon, 10. May 21, 00:55
Xenon_Slayer wrote:
Bold added by me. Thanks again, Egosoft, for the excellent customer service you provide by retroactively fixing our saves when possible!
Got confused. Does Egosoft fix existing save files if one sends it or it will be fixed later (or already fixed) with a patch?
nOy>>

strask412
x4

Post by strask412 » Tue, 1. Jun 21, 20:54

nOy wrote:
Tue, 1. Jun 21, 18:49
strask412 wrote:
Mon, 10. May 21, 00:55
Xenon_Slayer wrote:
Got confused. Does Egosoft fix existing save files if one sends it or it will be fixed later (or already fixed) with a patch?
The patch will delete the extra stations, when the patch arrives. Presumably. They've done similar retroactive fixes in patches in the past when, for example, thousands of extra ships got spawned in one release. :)
"If I were a shadowy nemesis that wanted to strike the Protectorate where it's weakest, Pioneers space is where I'd begin."
- Delilah Shiratori

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 1. Jun 21, 21:54

strask412 wrote:
Tue, 1. Jun 21, 20:54
The patch will delete the extra stations, when the patch arrives. Presumably.
Two logical options:
  • Game will discard some stations when it loads a save
  • Game will more aggressively schedule "surplus stations" for dismantling
Discarding a station during load is tricky, if player has docked ships to every station. Delete with station or drop to space? Furthermore, there could be many ships heading to station.

The dismantling is a normal game function; occasionally NPC stations just close business and slowly vanish. Presumably it kicks of "customers" in orderly fashion.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

strask412
x4

Re: Lategame station inflation - Improvements in a future build.

Post by strask412 » Wed, 2. Jun 21, 18:12

Agreed yes, the details of implementing such a fix are intricate. :) That's why I'm always impressed when egosoft does it anyway. :)
- Delilah Shiratori

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”