Periodic freezes

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Methexonion
x4

Periodic freezes

Post by Methexonion » Sun, 11. Apr 21, 06:22

Greetings!

I name the topic "periodic freezes" and not stutter because every 5-10 seconds I'm getting an image freeze of about 2-3 seconds. The game still works 'cause after I "return" my ship is in a different location (while flying that is). It started after adding 2-3 ships to work for my PHQ and at the same time I bought a ZYA destroyer, so I don't know where the problem lies. Sold the destroyer, no difference. I'm at early to mid game on my second start of the game. Until now there were no problems at all. The game is modified with VRO and other mods from the start, no changes made. I chose the scientist start. Latest version of the game (4.00 Hotfix 3) with the Nvidia drivers you suggested. No ctds anymore.

https://mega.nz/file/hF5QXKrS#lrpAdVO6G ... UaWSCAlvII

https://mega.nz/file/hUhSUbJS#pfQ4TtcA8 ... 2Y0fnA2z6E

You might have to fly a bit to see the pauses.

I attached dxdiag and the save if a helpful soul decides to lend a hand here. Thanks in advance.

Hasenpfote
x4

Re: Periodic freezes

Post by Hasenpfote » Sun, 11. Apr 21, 12:06

Your savegame is modded.

Methexonion
x4

Post by Methexonion » Sun, 11. Apr 21, 12:14

Hasenpfote wrote:
Sun, 11. Apr 21, 12:06
Your savegame is modded.
Yes, it is. I'm mentioning it. I shouldn't post it?
It was working just fine from the beginning of this session. Something happened and started acting like that.

Hasenpfote
x4

Post by Hasenpfote » Sun, 11. Apr 21, 13:34

How far are you with exploring the sectors? Is there something strange happening anywhere?

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Sun, 11. Apr 21, 13:37

do you have station miners, there is a bug with station miners working without probes, just 1 probe solved it for now until they improve that
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Methexonion
x4

Post by Methexonion » Sun, 11. Apr 21, 13:43

Hasenpfote wrote:
Sun, 11. Apr 21, 13:34
How far are you with exploring the sectors? Is there something strange happening anywhere?
Hmmm... I'd say I have explored 70% to 80% of the universe. I use an explorer mod so most of the sectors are fully explored. I'm not aware of any strangeness anywhere.

I'm afraid I'll have to restart without some mining mods I have installed. They do too many calculations I think.

Thank you for responding to me but as you mentioned I cannot figure out what is going on with my game considering the mods I'm using. I'll try to find a "safe" mod list to install.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sun, 11. Apr 21, 13:44

Methexonion wrote:
Sun, 11. Apr 21, 12:14
You can post it, but as it says in the sticky thread at the top of the forum:
Alan Phipps wrote:
Thu, 29. Nov 18, 23:19
Note: If your game is modified in any way, whether via a third party script or mod, or via changes you have made yourself, you will almost certainly be asked to reproduce the problem in an unmodified game before full support can be provided. Support for third party modifications must be provided by the authors of those modifications, and any requests for such support should be posted in the appropriate thread in the Scripts and Modding forum.

Methexonion
x4

Post by Methexonion » Sun, 11. Apr 21, 13:49

CBJ wrote:
Sun, 11. Apr 21, 13:44
Methexonion wrote:
Sun, 11. Apr 21, 12:14
You can post it, but as it says in the sticky thread at the top of the forum:
Alan Phipps wrote:
Thu, 29. Nov 18, 23:19
Note: If your game is modified in any way, whether via a third party script or mod, or via changes you have made yourself, you will almost certainly be asked to reproduce the problem in an unmodified game before full support can be provided. Support for third party modifications must be provided by the authors of those modifications, and any requests for such support should be posted in the appropriate thread in the Scripts and Modding forum.
You are right, sorry for wasting your time guys. I'll delete the post.... and start a new game, where hopefully everything will continue to go smooth as the start I had with the first 2 tries. Thanks!

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sun, 11. Apr 21, 13:50

No need to delete it, no. There may still be useful info here. :)

maggaen
x4

Post by maggaen » Sun, 11. Apr 21, 14:53

For me the problem was solved by completing a few of the upkeep missions.

What I think is happening is that the missions update in the background asking "am I done yet?" And when you have 40-80 of those going at the same time it causes stuttering.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 11. Apr 21, 15:27

If you have very many subordinate miners that all check their orders for updates at the same time then that can cause regular stutters, but that really does mean for a lot of subordinate miners.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”