[4.0 CoH HF3] Race of own station crew is still RANDOM

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Abkhaaker
x4

[4.0 CoH HF3] Race of own station crew is still RANDOM

Post by Abkhaaker » Sun, 4. Apr 21, 14:31

This topic may be a bit older, but can destroy the immersion when trying to play in this case as a Terran Cadet supporting Terran things only.

So i've got a pure Terran shipyard with TERRAN habitats, just've built the first ships only to realize they're piloted by Teladis and Split and crew is also still of random race.

There is no logic to have other races on a station than Race X when only having Race X specific food chain supply modules and habitats.
You might consider this for your bucket list.

BTW: Happy Easter!

sentenced-1989
x4

Re: [4.0 CoH HF3] Race of own station crew is still RANDOM

Post by sentenced-1989 » Mon, 5. Apr 21, 03:19

I was annoyed by this when I started playing in v3, to bad the bug is still here

Arvel
x4

Post by Arvel » Mon, 5. Apr 21, 08:54

I've been frustrated by this as well. It does make sense that an Argon habitat would have Teladi, etc. hanging about in it, but the Terrans are so isolationist/xenophobic it's rather immersion breaking. My purely "Terran" shipyard doesn't appear to have a single Terran on it except the ones I've hired directly from Terran stations. All the humans appear to be from ARG/ANT/HAT, based on their clothing.

The only workaround I've found is to hire just a captain at your own shipyard, then send the new vessel up to the Terran shipyard/wharf. Hire however much crew you want+1, fire the captain and replace him with one of the Terran crew.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Thu, 8. Apr 21, 23:04

Sounds like an oversight on the part of the test team, this kind of thing should be part of a standard test. For some this will not matter, but for others it is a bit of a game breaker.

Was looking up whether this was the case, as it seemed to be. A bit of a bizaar bug/feature since it takes the crews from the station personnel - not enough ppl on the station, can not crew the ship. A definite immersion breaker if you dig deep enough (don't have to dig too deep either) into the game mechanics.
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

Arvel
x4

Post by Arvel » Fri, 9. Apr 21, 07:49

It's going to be improved upon in the next version, apparently.

See Xenon Slayer's post in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=181&t=435239&hilit=play ... 5#p5036550

Abkhaaker
x4

Post by Abkhaaker » Fri, 9. Apr 21, 10:37

Great, thx for the info!

BaronVerde
x4

Post by BaronVerde » Fri, 9. Apr 21, 12:50

I love the visual multitude. The game is already a one dimensional battle of material. Walking around and taking part in the scenery makes much of the immersion and draws me back to playing. While there's onslaught outside, my stations are a safe harbour for everyone :-) I wouldn't want to have the races separated.

Code: Select all

/l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

Rastuasi
x4

Post by Rastuasi » Fri, 9. Apr 21, 14:51

BaronVerde wrote:
Fri, 9. Apr 21, 12:50
I love the visual multitude. The game is already a one dimensional battle of material. Walking around and taking part in the scenery makes much of the immersion and draws me back to playing. While there's onslaught outside, my stations are a safe harbour for everyone :-) I wouldn't want to have the races separated.
I agree, it's immersion breaking to only have one race. Only if it's a boron station could I see one race simply due to it being filled with water. Look at Deep Space 9, only one habitat type, but thousands of alien species in it.

Abkhaaker
x4

Post by Abkhaaker » Mon, 12. Apr 21, 08:42

If you want to have mixed crew, just build mixed species dependent habitats/food supply modules, to suit YOUR immersion.
This topic is about a logic problem about player owned stations, whereas equivalent NPC stations of the same setup have a species dependent habitat/food supply module specific crew.

I think every player has an allround save without being bound to any faction, to maybe do every plot line.
Some players start again with a new faction-bound save and there you don't want to see any Argons in your crew list, when role playing as a Split.

OT:
Rastuasi wrote:
Fri, 9. Apr 21, 14:51

I agree, it's immersion breaking to only have one race. Only if it's a boron station could I see one race simply due to it being filled with water. Look at Deep Space 9, only one habitat type, but thousands of alien species in it.
Except most humanoid species in DS9 derive from an ancient humanoid species.
They breath the same air, are used to around the same room temperature, humidity etc.
DS9 does not need huge production modules for food, medicine etc. compared to X4, it has replicators.
Also DS9 belongs to the Federation, which is based on multiple species, so again no comparison to X4's absolute faction profiles.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”