Possible bug with traders after upgrading save to 4.0 - Fix in a future build.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Tarsis
x4

Possible bug with traders after upgrading save to 4.0 - Fix in a future build.

Post by Tarsis » Sat, 3. Apr 21, 11:43

Hi

This is more about bringing up a possible bug than wanting technical support...

I had an old 2.5 version game file that after converting (loading) to 4.0 all trader ships that were setup for auto trade seem to have stopped trading completely. They now just sit by the station. I checked the transaction logs on the old save and there were several trading entries. However, there were only a couple of manual trades in the log after playing the 4.0 version for several hours.

I still have the old 2.5. So if you think it would be helpful to send you both old and new save files, please let me know the best way to submit them.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Possible bug with traders after upgrading save to 4.0

Post by CBJ » Sat, 3. Apr 21, 11:55

This is the right place to report possible problems. A few questions for you:

1. How long did you wait after loading the save? It's possible the ships may have been looking for new trades after loading.
2. Did you also try stopping and restarting their orders? If so what happened when you did that?
3. Is your game modified at all?

Assuming your game isn't modified, do feel free to upload your saves for review. Instructions are in the sticky threads at the top of the forum. :)

Tarsis
x4

Post by Tarsis » Sat, 3. Apr 21, 15:30

Thank you for such a quick reply.

1. How long did you wait after loading the save? It's possible the ships may have been looking for new trades after loading.
Many hours of gameplay

2. Did you also try stopping and restarting their orders? If so what happened when you did that?
Not at first. All my miners were still working and it took me hours to realise the issue with the traders. However, I tried doing that today and removing and replacing all assignments fixed the issue.

3. Is your game modified at all?
No, vanilla play.

Since removing and replacing all assignments fixes the issue, there is no need for "Tech Support". But just in case this is a conversion bug (updating the save file to v4.0 by opening it) and you guys want to have a look, I've uploaded the files bellow.

Both 2.5 and 4.0 save files can be downloaded at: https://we.tl/t-7MJOnTErjs

Many thanks

Tarsis
x4

Post by Tarsis » Wed, 21. Apr 21, 11:44

It happened again later on the same start... A trader ship just stopped and does nothing.

On this one I set it to auto trade a sector, after it just standing there for hours. I thought perhaps there were no trades in that sector so I tried changing it's home sector but the ship didn't even move to the new sector. I also tried ordering it to fly to the new sector but again, it just stood there doing nothing.

On this one, I also tried removing all orders and assignments but the ship won't move. If I teleport to the ship, the captain is just standing in front of the chair (it won't sit nor fly the ship) and I'm not able to take control of the ship. I click on the chair but nothing happens.

The same thing happened to another ship of mine (a Kukri) that I posted on what I thought to be an unrelated issue here. But it has me thinking these two issues might be related.

The ship in question on this save is the Baldric (YXE-140). I saved inside the ship.

Save file: https://we.tl/t-pF1tVSHPu3

Ps: I just noticed that if you check the Info window for this ship and look at the Captain's name; if you teleport to the actual ship it has some one else standing in front of the chair. On this occasion I did transfer the pilot with another ship (MAB-226). It seems the transfer took place "on text" but not physically.

Please note that on the issue from the other post i mentioned above, I had NOT tried to swap pilots. The Kukri pilot just stopped working and stood in front of the chair.

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Post by j.harshaw » Wed, 21. Apr 21, 12:12

Thanks for the report. The download links have unfortunately expired. Could you please re-upload the particular saves mentioned in the post quoted below?
Tarsis wrote:
Sat, 3. Apr 21, 15:30
Both 2.5 and 4.0 save files can be downloaded at: https://we.tl/t-7MJOnTErjs

Tarsis
x4

Post by Tarsis » Wed, 21. Apr 21, 12:23

I'm afraid I no longer have the 4.0 file for the original post above. I don't know of another way to send you guys files on a more permanent/longer term basis. Please let me know if there is one.

However, I still have the 2.5 file: https://we.tl/t-Tei3mJbaF1

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Post by j.harshaw » Wed, 21. Apr 21, 12:54

got it. thanks.

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Post by j.harshaw » Wed, 21. Apr 21, 14:11

Fixed in a future update. Thank you very much for your report and the save.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”