Stuck in "Astronauts Champions Truth Seekers" - Fixed in an upcoming update.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Kinnison
x3ap

Stuck in "Astronauts Champions Truth Seekers" - Fixed in an upcoming update.

Post by Kinnison » Sat, 3. Apr 21, 00:06

Most people who get stuck in this mission have got further than me, and I haven't seen this particular problem noted anywhere.

I have chased the customs officer Tamatha Shani to near the abandoned asteroid base. I have conversed with her two ways: first I tried the coercive option and had a Rapid Unscheduled Disassembly courtesy of storms of foes. Second time around I went the emollient route, she told me her sad story and after I volunteered to help she said she was giving me something.

But I don't seem to have anything new onboard or in my inventory, the mission is still stuck on 'Confront Tamatha Shani' and I can't talk to her again. Tried an EVA to see if I need to go aboard her ship but was denied docking.

Am I being dim, is there something else I should try?

Gimbutz
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Stuck in "Astronauts Champions Truth Seekers"

Post by Gimbutz » Sun, 4. Apr 21, 10:56

You should definitely try uploading your save and linking it here so that we can have a look, because that bug is something completely new. :)

Kinnison
x3ap

Post by Kinnison » Sun, 4. Apr 21, 22:15

Gimbutz wrote:
Sun, 4. Apr 21, 10:56
You should definitely try uploading your save and linking it here so that we can have a look, because that bug is something completely new. :)
I'm going to go back to the mission to see if HF3 fixed anything. Then I'll have to disable all the mods and try again - if that fails I'll upload a vanilla save.

Kinnison
x3ap

Post by Kinnison » Sun, 4. Apr 21, 22:41

Well there was no change when I went back. Of course, as I should have realised I can't just disable extensions and load a game to test - I'd have to start the whole thing again in vanilla, which is a trudge I'm not interested in.

So I guess I'll just have play other plot lines and ignore this one and wherever it leads.

LATER: I decided to shoot the sad customs lady. She dropped the exotic widget on exploding and the plot kicked in from there.

madfury
x4

Post by madfury » Sat, 10. Apr 21, 12:48

I will update the thread instead of OP. I encountered this bug also. Vanilla 4.0 + HF3. I have a habit of making multiple saves before quest progressions so I have a before dialog and post dialog save. Save with broken state as described by OP: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BYKyk6 ... sp=sharing (pw: 436466)

I am however unable to replicate the bug at this time. Using before dialog save and choosing options 5,2,2 I get the intended progression. Choosing 5,2,2 the first time produced the broken state save. Hope this helps.

bagmenot
x4

Post by bagmenot » Sun, 11. Apr 21, 00:28

Ok, I may have understood where the bug comes from.

If stop your ship when she tells you to (around 7km in last try), the bugs don"t seems to trigger and she drops the object like intended.

However if you are within a killometer like I did on first try, it seems that she don't drop the item.

A savegame where it may happen (I didn't bother to redo it to confirm distance impact) :
http://rapsys.eu/egosoft/acts/quicksave.xml.gz

Gimbutz
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Gimbutz » Wed, 14. Apr 21, 11:24

Thanks for the reports, everyone! The mission didn't progress after the conversation if the player started it via comms while the initial dialog was still playing. This will be fixed in an upcoming update and the mission will continue in saves where it is already stuck.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”