duke's haven dilemma - Resolved, plot size issue. Fixed in a future update.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Hawkseyez
x4

duke's haven dilemma - Resolved, plot size issue. Fixed in a future update.

Post by Hawkseyez » Mon, 29. Mar 21, 01:40

so idk, i built the damn thing but its not transfering over. has a manager and ship trader. i did use terran fabricators but you can build anything in those and visa versa . shouldn't have mattered. everything else is in there. any ideas ? thanks.

Sattler_Norbert
x4

Re: duke's haven dilemma

Post by Sattler_Norbert » Mon, 29. Mar 21, 08:38

Same here.
I have every single building except the docks and shipyards, which are universal, from paranids, down to the last turret and shield generator.
I build and rebuild the station completely and yet the quest just won't go on.

Generic station building missions you can pick up in sectors work fine, but this one station just won't be accepted.

Do I have to do anything else than just building it?

Gimbutz
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Gimbutz » Mon, 29. Mar 21, 10:16

Could you upload your save with the station that's not being accepted and link it in a new topic in the Technical Support forum?

Hawkseyez
x4

Post by Hawkseyez » Mon, 29. Mar 21, 10:25

sure. thx.

Sattler_Norbert
x4

Post by Sattler_Norbert » Mon, 29. Mar 21, 10:41

Does it matter if the save was made wtih mods?
I have nothing that changes stations or missions so I don't think it should affect the mission, but I have a variety of others mods running.

Hawkseyez
x4

Duke's Haven problem?

Post by Hawkseyez » Mon, 29. Mar 21, 10:51

Built the Duke's Haven but its not transferring. Was told to upload my save to here. thx!
new at posting in here. hope this is enough. cheers.

dxdiag
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Q3yQUG ... sp=sharing

save game in question
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1R8NIa7 ... sp=sharing
Last edited by Hawkseyez on Tue, 30. Mar 21, 00:34, edited 1 time in total.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Duke's Haven problem?

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 29. Mar 21, 11:53

Normally this happens when players have not the met all the exact requirement details in the briefing. It might be worth a double-check - modules, types, shields, turrets, by quantities, marks/sizes and their faction/race etc.

Oh, I just noticed that you have posted this elsewhere and a dev took an interest there. I'll merge it here
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Hawkseyez
x4

Re: Duke's Haven problem?

Post by Hawkseyez » Mon, 29. Mar 21, 15:15

Alan Phipps wrote:
Mon, 29. Mar 21, 11:53
Normally this happens when players have not the met all the exact requirement details in the briefing. It might be worth a double-check - modules, types, shields, turrets, by quantities, marks/sizes and their faction/race etc.

Oh, I just noticed that you have posted this elsewhere and a dev took an interest there. I'll merge it here
np. i triple checked it. im an experienced player. no mods, the newest vanilla version with the latest update from Steam. /shrugs. thx.

Hawkseyez
x4

Post by Hawkseyez » Tue, 30. Mar 21, 00:36

also, just fixed the file. i extracted the other one. spent whole day learning how to compress in linux to get it back to useable form. compressing it back with winzip didn't work. lol. smh. will work now. i loaded it myself. thanks.

Hawkseyez
x4

Post by Hawkseyez » Tue, 30. Mar 21, 15:03

update : i think i found the problem. mission asks for 10 by 10 by 10. cause it was a white sector and i wasn't paying for it, i put a 20 by 20 by 20. this gave me much more room to work with but cause of that i think i actually built the station out of the 10 by 10 by 10 box it would have had, just cause i wasn't thinking. im assuming that was it. i quadruple checked all the modules and turrets. so, im deconstructing it, moved it and am transfering all building materials to new 10 square place and will rebuilt it again. thank goodness for SETA. ill update if did the trick. sorry.

Gimbutz
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: duke's haven dilemma - Resolved, plot size issue.

Post by Gimbutz » Tue, 30. Mar 21, 15:29

This issue will be fixed in a future update. Station construction missions didn't accept terran ship fabrication modules.

Hawkseyez
x4

Re: duke's haven dilemma - Resolved, plot size issue.

Post by Hawkseyez » Tue, 30. Mar 21, 18:07

Gimbutz wrote:
Tue, 30. Mar 21, 15:29
This issue will be fixed in a future update. Station construction missions didn't accept terran ship fabrication modules.
so choices are i wait or buy old fabricators. appreciate the heads up. thank you.

Sattler_Norbert
x4

Re: duke's haven dilemma - Resolved, plot size issue. Fixed in a future update.

Post by Sattler_Norbert » Thu, 1. Apr 21, 17:40

Good news, with Hotfix 3 my previously not-accepted Haven was immediately accepted upon loading my savegame.
Thank you Egosoft. :)

Tise

Post by Tise » Wed, 24. Apr 24, 01:42

Had some issues with this quest aswell.

Found out that I had to change the turrets and shields on my modules from argon and terran modules to PAR turrets and shields. When I did, the quest accepted It and I could progress. It sure took a while. Started with 20x20x20 grid size and placed it in the middle of the required zone.
Already had an administrative center from before. so it didn't cost me anything to increase the grid size.

Make sure you buy all the paranid blueprints before starting this quest. Best of luck.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 24. Apr 24, 03:09

I really don't think people will be waiting for suggestions three years, and many new versions, later. Please don't dig up old threads.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”