[#1105] Disable Joystick auto detection

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Staenker
x4

[#1105] Disable Joystick auto detection

Post by Staenker » Sat, 6. Feb 21, 09:01

Hello,
I love playing X4, but I also love to SimRace with a rather extensive rig. That means that I have 3 "Joysticks" connected to my system(Pedals, wheel base and clutch/buttons on the wheel itself).

When I start X4, X4 detects those devices and uses them. That leads to my map scrolling down whenever I open it. There's nothing I can do to fix this, except for restarting the game, disable all my "joysticks" in the options and then load my game. Now, that is perfectly fine and wonderful. But when I restart X4 the devices are enabled again. No matter what I do, they always sneak their way back in. Which is really frustrating: If I forget to manually disable them and load the game, I have to restart X4. A time consuming process, even on a decent system.

Now dear gods of the X4 universe - How can I disable that joystick auto detection?

Thanks a lot,
Richard

Balrog1978

Re: Disable Joystick auto detection

Post by Balrog1978 » Sun, 29. Aug 21, 02:07

I would like to bump this thread. Is there a way to disable joystick? I dont want to phyiscally disconnect my Joystick every time I launch X4

PainGod85
x4

Post by PainGod85 » Wed, 29. Mar 23, 22:01

Yeah, you know what, I'm bumping this, too.

How come this is still an issue in 6.00 RC1?
"Man fears the darkness, and so he scrapes away at the edges of it with fire."
[ external image ]

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Thu, 30. Mar 23, 09:22

oh i would love this also, have hotas and xbox controller, but hotas is mostly in the way when you play late game, but i do play elite with hotas, and would too like to not have to restart and disconnect hotas every time i want to play x4
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

beko
x4

Post by beko » Fri, 31. Mar 23, 14:44

I know that this does not fix the issue but as someone who has similar problems with the joystick sometimes I'd like to suggest a workaround by getting a tiny USB Hub with switches. May be a hammer to that nail but it works shockingly well :shock:

There is also the option to use 3rd party tools that can hide and consolidate sticks into virtual devices. I'm not 100% sure of a good choice for Windows but vJoy might be the thing you're looking for.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”