3.3 + SV Dal Busta Regression - Dissapeared in "By Invitation Only" mission - No Mods - Fix in 4.00.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

goyface
x4

3.3 + SV Dal Busta Regression - Dissapeared in "By Invitation Only" mission - No Mods - Fix in 4.00.

Post by goyface » Sat, 10. Oct 20, 15:28

Playing through again, really enjoying myself - but appear to be blocked on this mission and I've seen that it was the subject of a fix in the 3.1 update.

In previous saves, started on that version, I had no troubles with this mission.

I have acquired the Lodestone, and the game tells me this phase of the mission is completed - I am now stuck on "Talk to Dal Busta" - but on setting the mission to active I have no guidance. I cannot find him in any of the usual places.

My save is uploaded here:
https://mega.nz/file/zclVxIxD#A0QTPIy46 ... 8ETX--XMgI

I'd really appreciate some help with this, I've put a good amount of hours in and left the story by the wayside for a bit in anticipation that he might "just appear" - and now I'm fairly certain my game is a bit bugged, and i don't want to continue with a modified save :(

I have verified my game files in steam. Unworthy entrepreneur start.

OOooh, one more thing - my best pilot (Personnell management -> Sort by best captains) has gone missing - I noticed he wouldn't pilot my ship despite it being his job, and his location according to this screen. SO I thought i'd make him a marine and then switch back to captain - no bueno, he's perpetually "In transit" now, despite the fact I told him to move to the very ship he was on in the first place.

EDIT/UPDATE: Found the missing pilot, he's not on the ship at all, and is stuck in a transporter in the HAT Rep's office, I've updated the save so you can see him straight away. He's not moving from there, tried firing and re-hiring but he dissapears immediately. I wonder if Dal is similarly stuck somewhere?

Update 2!

I, unlike most people who get to this stage, actually already have some spacefly caviar in my inventory. I know i've not yet had the caviar conversation with Dal, but am aware an upcoming mission involves it. Notably - Spacefly Caviar is highlighted in orange in menus with traders (Albeit with the stuck mission set to inactive OR active this is still the case), I wonder if my already having it has screwed the mission somehow?

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: 3.3 + SV Dal Busta Regression - Dissapeared in "By Invitation Only" mission - No Mods

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Tue, 5. Jan 21, 12:41

Sorry for the delay on this one. This issue will be fixed in the next 4.0 beta build.
Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”