[3.30 + SV] Messed up controls and aiming?

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Scoob
x4

[3.30 + SV] Messed up controls and aiming?

Post by Scoob » Sat, 1. Aug 20, 21:43

Hi,

This is a really obscure one and I cannot identify what causes it when it happens. Basically, from time to time, my controls and aiming get totally messed up and the game becomes near unplayable...until it seems to be all fine again.

In essence the ships starts behaving as if Flight Assist is turned OFF, yet it is not. Toggling it OFF (cos it was already ON) and ON again does nothing. I can try to fly my ship, but it slides all over the place and will not stop in a timely manner. Even aiming is broken when this occurs with any fixed guns simply not shooting where the reticle is. This is frustrating at best - it just happened to me while attempting to capture a target and I lost control of my ship - and it can result in death at worst, where you simply cannot engage in combat to any degree of effectiveness.

Note: I'm not hitting / clipping through anything, the controls (Mouse and Keyboard) just become totally screwed up. Like I said, it's behaving similarly to FA being OFF and the aiming of fixed weapons is waaaay off, likely because the game doesn't know which way the ship is actually going. Put it this way, at point-blank range - about 100 metres - I was totally unable to shoot the L-Class Freighter in front of me, let alone the engines I actually had targetted.

I have no solid evidence to back this up, other than it happens from time to time and I generally just quit and reload at that point - assuming I have a fairly recent save - which is what I just did, and I have control again.

This isn't a bug report as such, but more feedback and wanting to know if others get this too. Darn weird.

Scoob.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”