Emulate Left Mouse Click binding

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

dtdionne
x4

Emulate Left Mouse Click binding

Post by dtdionne » Tue, 12. Nov 19, 21:33

On the warthog I’m using button19 (cms press) for the following...
  • Quick Action
    Menu select
    Emulate left mouse
    Dialog menu select
I’m also using the sticks POV for cursor, which ends up being the mouse when in menus.

And it’s working well so far except it appears button19’s left mouse is being prioritized above menu select. It’s very apparent in the map. I have to move the mouse cursor to an already selected option, like “Buy Ship” for it to register.

Now if I unbind emulate left mouse from 19, this works properly...but then I lose left mouse click. I mean I could bind that elsewhere but I thought I’d inquire first, maybe there’s a setting I’m missing.

Now if the map were more hotas friendly this wouldn’t be an issue. But I’ve been unable to find bindings that make the map (menus really) entirely mouse independent, which would ultimately be my most desired outcome.

kmunoz
x4

Re: Emulate Left Mouse Click binding

Post by kmunoz » Sun, 17. Nov 19, 21:52

I don't have an answer to your question but I have one of my own: do you have a good way of deselecting targets in the cockpit before you go into the map? If you have a target selected and then go to the map, the map centers on the target instead of your ship, and if you don't really care about the target this can be annoying. But I can't see any way of deselecting targets in the cockpit without using the mouse. There's no hotkey I can bind to my HOTAS. I've mentioned this or asked about it before in other places and.... *crickets.*
Let's Play Poorly! - Suboptimal X4 Playthroughs

dtdionne
x4

Post by dtdionne » Tue, 26. Nov 19, 09:28

It’s my understanding the x4 has auto target acquisition. Have you tried not manually selecting a target?

What binding are you using to select a target?

I’ll test and report back what I find.

dtdionne
x4

Post by dtdionne » Wed, 27. Nov 19, 18:40

Yep, left click appears the only way to deselect...odd indeed.

You can bind emulate left mouse click to a button, I have it mapped to CMS Press (19) and it works.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”