Mission: Argon vs The Holy Order: Destroy HOP Theseus Sentinel - Not Working

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

RavenEye
x4

Mission: Argon vs The Holy Order: Destroy HOP Theseus Sentinel - Not Working

Post by RavenEye » Thu, 17. Oct 19, 20:19

Version and language (e.g. 1.0 English, etc.): 2.60 English
Whether or not your game is modified using any third party scripts or mods: No.
Game start being played: 'The Young Gun' campaign.
Exact nature of the problem, where and when it occurs and what you were doing at the time:

In the first Guild mission, 'Argon vs The Holy Order: Destroy HOP Theseus Sentinel' the ship is not appearing but the target box for it is, when shooting it nothing happens so can't complete the mission.

Any possibly relevant changes you have made to your game, system, or software before the issue occurred: Had just updated X4 from 2.50 Hotfix 1 to 2.60.
Where appropriate, additional symptoms, error messages, links to screenshots and crash dump files: Screenshot.
Your system specifications: DxDiag report and vulkaninfo.

RavenEye
x4

Re: Mission: Argon vs The Holy Order: Destroy HOP Theseus Sentinel - Not Working

Post by RavenEye » Fri, 18. Oct 19, 19:31

I am attempting to fix the problem. First of all the sentinel appears when I go to the map, click on it and then go in to external view. I can pilot my ship and it collides with it. When I go back to my cockpit view it is gone again.

What I am doing now is rolling back my installation from 2.60 to 2.50 Hotfix 1 ( I bought my X4 copy on Gog ) to see if the update broke the mission.

RavenEye
x4

Re: Mission: Argon vs The Holy Order: Destroy HOP Theseus Sentinel - Not Working

Post by RavenEye » Fri, 18. Oct 19, 19:41

That did it !

The ship now appears and I can destroy it.

The problem seems to be with the 2.60 patch that I upgraded to.

I had to use a save from 2.50, which had already been tested loading in to 2.60 with the problem, but it's fine on 2.50. Luckily I can complete the mission now without loosing much progress.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Fri, 18. Oct 19, 22:51

Did you try restarting X4/reloading with 2.60 before downgrading?

Are you using a mechanical drive or SSD?

A lot of asset loading bugs are fixed by restarting X4 and reloading. One is less likely to run into such bugs if one uses a SATA or PCIe SSD, and if one has a lot of memory (16GB) and at least 4GB graphic memory.

RavenEye
x4

Post by RavenEye » Fri, 18. Oct 19, 23:12

Imperial Good wrote:
Fri, 18. Oct 19, 22:51
Did you try restarting X4/reloading with 2.60 before downgrading?
I did.
Are you using a mechanical drive or SSD?
Traditional mechanical hard drive.
A lot of asset loading bugs are fixed by restarting X4 and reloading. One is less likely to run into such bugs if one uses a SATA or PCIe SSD, and if one has a lot of memory (16GB) and at least 4GB graphic memory.
I have 16GB RAM and a decent graphics card ( Geforce GTX 970 ) with 4GB DDR RAM.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 19. Oct 19, 13:43

Not quite the same issue but I'll mention it as something maybe to think about when looking for workarounds for issues such as this.

I used a personal floating lockbox for all my illegal stuff prior to getting the PHQ inventory safe. One time when I came back to it, the moment I opened it the empty box and the contents just disappeared from view (no blue ovals, floating containers or anything) although I could see the dropped loot icons on the map. Even though my ship was very close, the loot magnet had no effect, neither did running through where the loot appeared on the map with my ship nor ejecting and using my spacesuit with and without magnet. Reloading the save with the invisible drops and even restarting the game and reloading made no difference.

I thought I had lost everything from that save until I thought of one more thing to try. I got up from the pilot's seat and told the co-pilot to collect each of the different drops of my stuff that I could identify on the map (you can rotate the map to identify different elements within clumps of things). That worked although you do have to be quick before the drops disappear.

Anyway, back to the OP, I wonder if telling your NPC pilot to kill the invisible target ship might have worked?
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

RavenEye
x4

Post by RavenEye » Wed, 6. Nov 19, 19:16

Alan Phipps wrote:
Sat, 19. Oct 19, 13:43
Anyway, back to the OP, I wonder if telling your NPC pilot to kill the invisible target ship might have worked?
I have a backup of those saves where I parked my ship in front of the invisible ship so I could test things out, I didn't test that though. The ship wasn't moving either, is it meant to be like that ?
I took it as though it was a basic test to see if I would destroy that ship but something tells me it should at least be moving if not firing on me.

ttco

Post by ttco » Sat, 4. Apr 20, 19:30

Hi everyone, registered here because this also happened to me. Just bought X4 and am on my first play through.

As OP hinted, the ship is missing when in first person camera, but when I switched to free-view external camera (F3 twice IIRC), I could see the ship.
So, I just "aimed" straight at the target in first person, switched to external view and shot. Works, I was able to destroy the ship and continue with the mission (the ship is stationary, same as the xenon ship in argon/xenon introductory mission).

I know this is an older thread but it helped me and maybe my post helps someone else - there is no need to revert the game version, just use another view :)

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”