Surface Elements not building

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Scoob
x4

Surface Elements not building

Post by Scoob » Sat, 8. Jun 19, 14:58

Hey all,

I'm aware there was an old bug where surface elements, so Turrets and Shields, were not built, but that was a while ago.

I started fresh in 2.5, built a few station modules and have subsequently added turrets and shields. Money for the build has been taken, required resources bought, but no Turrets or shields have been constructed.

After ordering the Turrets and Shield be added to several existing modules, I added some additional modules to be built. The game has now started work on these modules, but is yet to add any Turrets or Shields.

If I go into "Plan Build" it shows each module as having Turrets and Shields - exactly as ordered - but flying over said modules shows that none have been built.

Am I missing something?

Note: materials for Turrets and Shields are still sat in build storage unused.

Scoob.

Scoob
x4

Re: Surface Elements not building

Post by Scoob » Sat, 8. Jun 19, 15:18

I've gone round checking every module which should have Turrets and Shields. A couple of them do indeed appear to have them, but not all have been built.

I also just noticed that the material levels have dropped massively. Here's what appears to have happened:

Order given to add turrets to numerous existing modules.

Cash given to cover this.

Required resources delivered, materials exhausted - NO turrets built.

Additional modules added, additional cash given.

Additional modules built and some of the turret constructed.

Station appears to need MORE resources, despite correct amount being bought initially.

Turret and Shield components are ONLY needed by Turrets and Shields, so I can't see how any other step might have used them up. Seems I need to re-buy what the station needs.

Scoob.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 8. Jun 19, 15:57

Are you using 'high' presets to order the turrets etc? The reason I ask is here where it is explained that the high preset setting does not mean 100% provision and resourcing for all surface element options and that might be making your reported issue seem worse. (The high preset setting itself may have a bug too.)
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sat, 8. Jun 19, 16:05

Alan Phipps wrote:
Sat, 8. Jun 19, 15:57
Are you using 'high' presets to order the turrets etc? The reason I ask is here where it is explained that the high preset setting does not mean 100% provision and resourcing for all surface element options and that might be making your reported issue seem worse. (The high preset setting itself may have a bug too.)
I simply bought BP's for one Shield and Turret and manually installed those in each available spot - I didn't use any presets...didn't even noticed the preset bit lol.

I'm going to keep an eye on it and see if it resumes building...I've left the Sector in case that makes any difference.

Scoob.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”