Killing SCA reduces rep with MIN - Possible fix in a future build.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

multox
x4

Re: Killing SCA reduces rep with MIN

Post by multox » Sat, 1. Jun 19, 03:47

I just ran into this bug too, after returning from an X4 hiatus. I had high hopes for 2.5.

Maybe some talented modder could fix this?

Subsoil
x4

Post by Subsoil » Sun, 25. Aug 19, 13:31

i lost MIN rep from 15+ down to 3 just defending my PHQ, had police licens and all, and lost it.

I am pissed about this, its game breaking and if it is by design is just as appealing as puke.

AquilaRossa
x4

Post by AquilaRossa » Wed, 28. Aug 19, 04:52

I have not had this rep loss happen yet, but if I attack a SCA ship that is red colour I get a message over the comm telling me to cease my attack immediately. It happens in an unowned sector, so i am not sure who is telling me to stop, because it is not the pilot. Is it the manager of a nearby SCA station? If it is red I would think it is fair game, but it does not seem so. I presume if the attack is made in a MIN sector I may lose rep too. I remember from X3R that the Teladi and pirates were tight, so maybe they are treated as allies of Teladi even if appearing as a hostile to you. SCA coloured red did not attack me last time either. They were red because they had tried to pirate one of my traders, but do not seem to see me as hostile because they have not demanded I drop cargo myself. Eventually they turn blue again.

Subsoil
x4

Post by Subsoil » Thu, 29. Aug 19, 19:43

Had to use "Disable Encounters" ( https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/85 ).
was about to hit 20 with MIN, and a group of SCA attacked my PHQ, was at 3 after 20 min or so.

Had a backup save from before and now i use "Disable Encounters" mod, modifed game now ;/

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Post by j.harshaw » Thu, 5. Sep 19, 09:20

Finally managed to reproduce this consistently. The cause turned out to be rather circumspect. When you destroy a ship that had been using cover (pretending to be aligned with a different faction) and is showing its true faction at the moment you destroy it, it very briefly reverts to the cover faction at the very moment that it gets destroyed. The symptom, getting penalized by the police faction protecting that area of space, does not always kick in, but when it does, it can happen regardless of faction.

In any case, this is now fixed. Fix should be in a future update.

Please bear in mind, as with many fixes of this nature, that while this cause has been fixed there may be others. Haven't encountered any more incidents in testing since the fix, however.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”