[2.21] "I was asked to drop my cargo" by police, no player reaction possible

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Faustov
x4

[2.21] "I was asked to drop my cargo" by police, no player reaction possible

Post by Faustov » Tue, 9. Apr 19, 13:29

Usually when a pirate demands it, hitting F allows instructing the ship to do something.

If however it is about illegal cargo and the request is from the police, there is no option to react to pilot's information.

Win10 64 EN + Steam latest auto patches, no mods.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [2.21] "I was asked to drop my cargo" by police, no player reaction possible

Post by Imperial Good » Tue, 9. Apr 19, 20:36

Faustov wrote:
Tue, 9. Apr 19, 13:29
Usually when a pirate demands it, hitting F allows instructing the ship to do something.

If however it is about illegal cargo and the request is from the police, there is no option to react to pilot's information.

Win10 64 EN + Steam latest auto patches, no mods.
Well there are not many reactions one can take. The default is to comply and drop the cargo meaning the police remain nice and friendly with you and you take a moderate reputation loss with the faction. If you flee a large part of the sector will temporarily hostile you or if you attack you potentially start a massive rep and ship losing war. In all cases you take a moderate reputation impact.

If for some reason complying is not your ideal course of action, you can change the default response on a ship by ship basis using the ship order information panel, or for all ships using the player properties default order window.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [2.21] "I was asked to drop my cargo" by police, no player reaction possible

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 9. Apr 19, 20:38

I *think* that the issue reported is not about the variation of possible reactions, but rather that the UI can become unresponsive or has all options greyed out or unavailable in certain circumstances. Otherwise it would be in the main X4 gameplay forum and not in Tech Sp.

@ OP: a link to a vanilla save showing the issue would be useful to the devs.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Faustov
x4

Post by Faustov » Fri, 12. Apr 19, 18:20

Alan Phipps wrote:
Tue, 9. Apr 19, 20:38
I *think* that the issue reported is not about the variation of possible reactions, but rather that the UI can become unresponsive or has all options greyed out or unavailable in certain circumstances. Otherwise it would be in the main X4 gameplay forum and not in Tech Sp.

@ OP: a link to a vanilla save showing the issue would be useful to the devs.
Sorry, it is very rare and hard to capture, but if I remember correctly, it shows "hit F to respond", and as soon as you do, the screen with the pilot reporting the issue disappears. Obvious bug, I'm sure the devs will figure it out without my save.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”