Cannot Change Resolution In Borderless Window Mode

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

SheppardSG1
x4

Cannot Change Resolution In Borderless Window Mode

Post by SheppardSG1 » Mon, 4. Mar 19, 21:42

Hello
Since the new updates i cannot longer change resolution if i select borderless window option its only gaving me my native 3k resolution for my primary montior that im using for gaming and its impossible to play that with my setting on 3k. In Full screen option is working fine btw. But if i want to stream there the game is not showing up in OBS (Streamlabs or Studio) I know the OBS does not like X4 for some reason for that vulcan engine its only working if you get it on borderless windowed that was working fine before the updates on my end. Hope that get fixed soon becuse its annoying and i still cannot stream this game :) I figure out that stuttering problem now this resolution problem appeared. In full screen mode i can change res to whatever i want. PS I also notice that its not gaving you option to bring up steam menu while in game so you need alt tab every damn time when you need to check something on your second monitor.
Thank you for you answer. Other than that game works fine on my end on ultra settings with 1080p resolution no fps drops etc as on start you guys were good on fixing bugs.

EDIT
Using NVIDIA experience to record no stuttering so its clearly on obs side that bug :)

michi_oss
x4

Re: Cannot Change Resolution In Borderless Window Mode

Post by michi_oss » Sun, 11. Apr 21, 21:56

Strange - no answer?!
Is it normal or a bug that it is not possible to change the resolution in borderless window mode?

Problem with fullscreen is, that due to the resolution change other windows are moved and resized. Steam is even not closeable via "x", because the real button position is not there were it is shown (after closing the game and the resolution is changed back to native).
Die Kraft einer Kerze ist die Flamme, aber sie brennt nur so lange wie der Docht.

beko
x4

Post by beko » Mon, 12. Apr 21, 09:33

Window Mode has not resolutions but only a windowsize, no? This should not touch or change the display resolution at all so I wonder what is going on :o

I've trouble with this too but this is mostly because I play over three displays, an Option that X4 does not really offer because I have to select one of the three displays so I have to resize the game window on each start. That's annoying to do so manually so I killed it with a script but I don't know how this works on Windows. It's probably possible there as well too.

OBS had, if I remember this correctly, some new features or fixes about Vulkan games recently.

michi_oss
x4

Post by michi_oss » Mon, 12. Apr 21, 10:37

No idea. :?:
I would lile to have fullscreen borderless window mode, but with FullHD instead 4K.
But I do not know if this is possible.

It is not possible to maximize the standard window mode. The window has 1:1 the resolution size.
Die Kraft einer Kerze ist die Flamme, aber sie brennt nur so lange wie der Docht.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”