Possible mission bug - Recovering stolen items / sensitive data

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Duncaroos
x4

Possible mission bug - Recovering stolen items / sensitive data

Post by Duncaroos » Sat, 16. Feb 19, 21:13

V1.6 steam, Windows 10 Home, AMD 2600X, GTX 1070, 16GB DDR4 RAM

This is in regards to some missions where a NPC asks you to recover a stolen family heirloom or sensitive data packet from another NPC ship. You're supposed to attack it and then at some point should "drop" the item for you to pick up.

I have had more cases than not where the ship just doesn't drop the item, or the pilot bails. Shooting down the escape pod doesn't do anything other than making you a criminal (obvious), but inside the ship the item you need is not there.

So all you got is their ship with no item. I mean, I'll take the ship no problem, but then the mission fails and you can't get any reputation points. I also don't believe this is the intention of the mission.

Can anyone confirm this happens to them too?
Playing X4+All_DLC 6.20 Build - on:
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X; RAM: 4x8GB DDR4 3200MHz; GPU: GTX 1070 8GB, Driver v516.94, DirectX 12.0; OS: Win10 Home 22H2 (19045.3086); Monitor: Single Acer S232HL 1920x1080

Duncaroo's Station Storage Estimator

Pesanur
x4

Re: Possible mission bug - Recovering stolen items / sensitive data

Post by Pesanur » Sat, 16. Feb 19, 22:38

Anyway, these missions are half backed, they end after you recovered the item. The part of returning the item to it legitime owner is missing.

Metalmerc7

Post by Metalmerc7 » Mon, 27. Nov 23, 22:02

I retrieved the stolen object but now its saying to deliver it to a station. I arrive, dock, but nothing is happening now no giude line when i get up

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 27. Nov 23, 22:36

Please don't dig up old threads, especially without providing any information that would enable anyone to help you. Please read the very first thread at the top of the forum - marked "Please read this before posting!" - and start a new thread, providing all of the information requested. For mission issues, a link to a savegame is pretty much essential to the process of finding out what the problem might be in your case.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”