1.32 LAG - Map is an incredible FPS drop mostly due to what is drawn on the screen.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

StoneLegionYT
x4

1.32 LAG - Map is an incredible FPS drop mostly due to what is drawn on the screen.

Post by StoneLegionYT » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 06:32

I love the Map a lot I just want to say that. There is for sure a few shortcuts that need to be worked on and such overtime but right now it's awesome.

What is not so awesome is trying to use it with 10 FPS. Sadly it seems that every object that is on the map is very very taxing. The highest taxing item seems to be the lines created when you have Show Orders checked. I mean who does not have these on most of the time.

What I find a bit strange:
- ever object on the map rendering seems insanely taxing almost like it's being updated every few milliseconds.
- When your zoomed in and not even looking in an area your still rendering the whole map or at least it feels / acts that way. So if I'm getting 10 FPS with my settings at point A where all my ships are and move to Point B where no Ships are I'm still suffering from like 10 fps.

I think the first thing to look at is the Lines though for sure as their the biggest taxing item then hopefully go from there. Just spawn 100+ ships auto mining and you got a good template to work from.

I just want to add at 10 FPS you start skipping on Mouse Clicks. This really becomes not a LAG Report bug a BUG report for the fact you start suffering doing normal operations as clicks don't register as well.

Information About My Game and System:
Game Info: The Young Gun (NO MODS)
Version: Steam Collectors Edition
Basic PC Info: Windows 10 64, 32G Ram, Intel 4770K, GTX 1070, 3 Displays at 1080P (Center Gaming Display is 144Hz)
DxDiag.txt: https://pastebin.com/Z064fHc0
vulkaninfo.txt: https://pastebin.com/baAdJTvh
Last edited by StoneLegionYT on Tue, 11. Dec 18, 09:02, edited 2 times in total.

Xiphon
x4

Re: 1.30 LAG - Map is an increadble FPS drop mostly due to what is drawn on the screen.

Post by Xiphon » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 06:52

With the update to 1.30 I've started getting crazy lag whenver the map opens, or I jump into a new system, and occasionally when turning to face a planet. Yesterday this wasn't an issue, it seems to have been introduced with 1.30.

StoneLegionYT
x4

Re: 1.30 LAG - Map is an increadble FPS drop mostly due to what is drawn on the screen.

Post by StoneLegionYT » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 07:27

Xiphon wrote:
Sat, 8. Dec 18, 06:52
With the update to 1.30 I've started getting crazy lag whenver the map opens, or I jump into a new system, and occasionally when turning to face a planet. Yesterday this wasn't an issue, it seems to have been introduced with 1.30.
Any chance you increased your ship capacity or more sats? because it tends to be more you render on the map worse it gets. Odd enough a Fleet in combat in front of me would lag less this what I get in the map...

lordmuck
x4

Re: 1.31 LAG - Map is an increadble FPS drop mostly due to what is drawn on the screen.

Post by lordmuck » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 14:04

I noticed through afterburner that the FPS drops at the map like you said, in the upgrade ship, near stations. It is also only these three areas that make OBS record like its having a fit and throwing frames all over the place. I cannot understand how the game engine and obs clash in only these three areas and not constant. There is something wrong in these 3 areas of the game.

JakubCW
x4

Re: 1.31 LAG - Map is an increadble FPS drop mostly due to what is drawn on the screen.

Post by JakubCW » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 16:18

I notice the Fps drop in map too, but what is also strange is while on a station outside of my ship the fps is smooth, if i step onto the ship.. even just touching the ladder causes the framerate to almost halve for no reason at at all..

gtx1080 fyi.

tarax007
x4

Post by tarax007 » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 16:22

Ditto, drops from 60+ to 36-45 fps in map regardless of where i am. (Ryzen 1700x@3.6oc, Gtx 1070)
I dedicate in order to question,
universalizing fearlessness,
I seal the output of intelligence,
with the crystal tone of cooperation,
I am guided by the power of elegance.

mimizu
x4

Post by mimizu » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 17:50

tarax007 wrote:
Mon, 10. Dec 18, 16:22
Ditto, drops from 60+ to 36-45 fps in map regardless of where i am. (Ryzen 1700x@3.6oc, Gtx 1070)
Try to turn off your ship behavior icons (which is those gray lines on the map), it may helps.

LennStar
x4

Post by LennStar » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 18:15

Kane Hart wrote:
Sat, 8. Dec 18, 07:27
Xiphon wrote:
Sat, 8. Dec 18, 06:52
Any chance you increased your ship capacity or more sats? because it tends to be more you render on the map worse it gets. Odd enough a Fleet in combat in front of me would lag less this what I get in the map...
I also had the impression that A) the last 1/4 covered with satellites and B) more ships after 1.3 had a big performance drop.
:idea: BUG REPORT INFO: I play X4 vanilla. You can find all my bug report files in there:
All X4 files: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/83j3cjfhkdlf ... w6HLa?dl=0

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 18:43

I think as the OP mentioned, the 'show orders' option when you are very friendly with several factions can dump a lot of friendly faction shipping information onto your map. This can obviously worsen as you become more friendly with various prevalent factions.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

StoneLegionYT
x4

Re: 1.32 LAG - Map is an incredible FPS drop mostly due to what is drawn on the screen.

Post by StoneLegionYT » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 09:03

Yeah removing Show Orders help a ton but sadly not enough if you keep expanding your empire. Game Simulation and everything else seems fair just this really hits the fps.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”