1.21 FREEZE with black screen - Scared to Play

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: 1.21 FREEZE with black screen - Scared to Play

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 17:18

Hi, your DxDiag is showing a whole lot of CorsairLink4.Service.exe errors. I presume that is the application controlling your cooling fan envelopes and general cooing and RAM debug logging. Just as a precaution, it may be worth investigating what is going on in that area in case it is impacting on your system's reactions under load stress. Some users noted very excessive debug logging in Win10 using that application. I am not saying that is the issue here, just that it may be worth investigating.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

snowman001
x4

Post by snowman001 » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 17:18

snowman001
x4

Post by snowman001 » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 17:21

ok I can uninstall corsair link and test again , I have never had any issues previously though

snowman001
x4

Post by snowman001 » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 17:26

Corsair link removed im off to test the game - i will report back with results,

Thanks for the advice Alan & CBJ :)

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 18:06

Something else I forgot to mention: while your system may be fairly high-end, don't go too mad with the graphics settings. If you choose very high AA settings, for example, then you may find that even your system struggles.

snowman001
x4

Post by snowman001 » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 22:15

Just to check back in .

The black screen and system lockup has not re appeared , i have CTD a couple of times. On both occasions the X4 bug report was available and i have added my comment to the active threads. so thats an improvement

i have dropped my graphics settings to high from ultra.

snowman001
x4

Post by snowman001 » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 08:31

Hi guys,

in around 6 hours of gametime last night i had 4 CTD , varying locations in game. undocking/upgrading, shooting enemies . basically there is no pattern . It seeems that patch yesterday or CBJ/Alans suggestions have prevented the black screen/lockup from re appearing so i thank you for that .

The game is far from "playable " for me at the moment though, i have lost sooo much progress due to CTD

I have removed Corsair link from my machine and the errors it was causing have stopped - so Alan you may be on to something here . - thank you sir :)

I am outside my automatic refund period from steam now so i just hope patches keep coming so i can at some point enjoy this game.

from a long time fan - i will give ego cance to fix this as X4 looks amazing - im just limited to watching others play it on youtube.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”