1.21 BUG Cannot board claimed ship - Resolved in coming 1.30

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

DnBrn47
x4

1.21 BUG Cannot board claimed ship - Resolved in coming 1.30

Post by DnBrn47 » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 22:45

I found a couple of abandoned
Spoiler
Show
Tern Sentinels
surrounded by mines in
Spoiler
Show
Hewa's Twin III
, destroyed the mines, played the scan to override mini game in order to claim the ships and am unable to board them. I am unable to send Pilots to them to fly them and since I own the ships, I am unable to board them with Marines. The ships can be sold but no other interactions will work with these ships.

FankX
x4

Re: [Bug] 1.21 Cannot board claimed ship

Post by FankX » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 22:54

As a workaround is to teleport in the ship.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 23:43

DnBrn47 wrote:
Wed, 5. Dec 18, 22:45
I found a couple of abandoned
Spoiler
Show
Tern Sentinels
surrounded by mines in
Spoiler
Show
Hewa's Twin III
, destroyed the mines, played the scan to override mini game in order to claim the ships and am unable to board them. I am unable to send Pilots to them to fly them and since I own the ships, I am unable to board them with Marines. The ships can be sold but no other interactions will work with these ships.
The workaround is to NOT scan it (or the ownership just go to you without you having a chance to send the pilot over, and you can't enter the ship yourself for some reason). Just claim it from the seat of your ship in order to send the marine over.

Alci
x4

Post by Alci » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 00:04

yeah, same. "Board" was the only change in before 1.21. Now it can be claimed manually, but "docking denied". I have even my boarding pod flying around the ship but can't dock, can't be picked up, it's just flying aimlessly around my "new" ship, not taking any commands

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 02:37

I've found that when attempting to Claim Medium ships, it's best to just send a Marine. If you get the "static" sound, find the damaged bit and scan it in the space suit, you become unable to board the ship - "docking denied". I had this with a ship this evening, reloaded my save and boarded via a Marine and it worked fine

Also, I've noticed that if I fire off a Marine from my S-Class ships (Elite and Kestrel) the Marine flies around and around the target, only landing when I leave the sector. If however I fire off the Marine from one of my M-Class ships (Cerberus) the Marine flies straight and true directly to the target.

As an aside, claiming small ships works just fine by the scanning method. I then dock with them in the space suit and all is well.

Scoob.

XTC0R
x4

Post by XTC0R » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 11:39

Sending a marine is a solution. But when you want to actually want to fly the ship you can't board it in space only on stations.
which is pretty annoying if you use your spacesuit and your own ships doesn't let you dock afterwards....

I don't have a teleporter so far, so this might solve it later. But still this bug is annoying.

Mileron
x4

Post by Mileron » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 11:59

The first abandoned ship I ever discovered in 1.0 - a Cerberus Sentinel - suffers from this problem.

I cannot dock while in a space suit, and I cannot dock while in a ship.

Paddyy
x3ap

Post by Paddyy » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 15:13

Maybe it has something to do with ships that are spawned for (future) missions. But on the oher hand small ships are working normal.

Ranix
x4

Post by Ranix » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 15:15

Alci wrote:
Thu, 6. Dec 18, 00:04
yeah, same. "Board" was the only change in before 1.21. Now it can be claimed manually, but "docking denied". I have even my boarding pod flying around the ship but can't dock, can't be picked up, it's just flying aimlessly around my "new" ship, not taking any commands
an inexperienced marine can only land the boarding pod if you are within 50 meters, which is crazy close for a big ship you are basically touching it

DnBrn47
x4

Post by DnBrn47 » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 18:00

Yea, workarounds are great, but let's keep it a bug report so it can be fixed, thanks. :)

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 12:36

There have been several interacting bugs at play which confused everybody - including myself.

Firstly the intended method of claiming M size ships is via leak scanning as per the tutorial, but that sometimes had a bug that the leak couldn't be found, or another bug that it didn't work if it was scanned. That latter bug was fixed in 1.21 and explains why scanning now turns the ship green.

There is a further bug that some player-owned (green) ships do not let you dock, and that bug is being fixed in the next build 1.30.

Phew! So in future after 1.30, follow the tutorial and scan the leak and claim S and M sized empty ship targets and you should not need the marines.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

DnBrn47
x4

Post by DnBrn47 » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 19:57

Alan Phipps wrote:
Fri, 7. Dec 18, 12:36
There have been several interacting bugs at play which confused everybody - including myself.

Firstly the intended method of claiming M size ships is via leak scanning as per the tutorial, but that sometimes had a bug that the leak couldn't be found, or another bug that it didn't work if it was scanned. That latter bug was fixed in 1.21 and explains why scanning now turns the ship green.

There is a further bug that some player-owned (green) ships do not let you dock, and that bug is being fixed in the next build 1.30.

Phew! So in future after 1.30, follow the tutorial and scan the leak and claim S and M sized empty ship targets and you should not need the marines.
Awesome, thanks Alan!

wilsonlaizo
x4

Post by wilsonlaizo » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 00:11

Alan Phipps wrote:
The problem with this is that after you claim you will need to fly the ship yourself, right? Well ... depending on the Medium ship you would be able to dock and transfer, but if it does not have a dock, like miners, you wont be able to transfer a pilot.

Wouldn't be better to check if the ship have an hangar and if it have, you use the scan method and if it does not, the mariner needs to claim it?

I believe I saw this somewhere else, but when I claim a ship using the mariners, a lot of times it will be there floating around and not really taking the ship. If you leave the sector it will claim it instantaneously. This happened to me three times:
1) The first time I lost my patience (and didn't knew that leaving the system would solve) and just claimed manually the ship by scanning it and after that the marine kept floating and to fix it I had to fire him and then sell the pod at a shipyard (this was a Cerberus)
2) The second time I moved out of the map and it fixed (this was a medium miner)
3) The third I sent the marine, but I was doing a mission, so, I just went and did the mission, then I killed some Xens and after like 10 or so minutes running around, the marines finally took the ship (without me leaving the system)

Phoynix
x4

Post by Phoynix » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 04:47

Turrets are also broken on claimed ships.
Alan Phipps wrote:

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”