1.10 BUG "Food Shortage" mission has no valid target stations

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Hero77
x4

1.10 BUG "Food Shortage" mission has no valid target stations

Post by Hero77 » Sun, 2. Dec 18, 21:37

I received this mission from a HAT station in Heretics End.

The mission briefing said:

Deliver foodstuffs to our stations in Heretics End.
- Deliver 1800 food rations
- Deliver 1080 medical supplies

The mission cannot be completed, because in this sector there are no HAT stations that buy food rations or medical supplies. Funny enough: The only two HAT stations in this sector besides the HAT Free Station (Which also does not buy them), is a Medical Supply Factory and a Food Rations Factory. Therefore I think there is possibly an error in the mission script where it mistakes buy order for sell orders.
i7-5960X @4Ghz 8 Cores, RTX 2080 Founders Edition, 64GB DDR4 RAM

swatti
x4

Re: 1.1 Mission "Food Shortage", Deliver Foodstuffs to our stations in <location> is not solvable

Post by swatti » Sun, 2. Dec 18, 22:13

Also got a similar problem. None of the stations in Morning-star III buy food or meds.

lordfiSh

Re: 1.1 Mission "Food Shortage", Deliver Foodstuffs to our stations in <location> is not solvable

Post by lordfiSh » Sun, 2. Dec 18, 22:17

How can I completed them?
I'm in a Transporter with 1500 Medical Supplies and Nostrop Oil in the right Sector, but no Station will buy them all. Two Station will buy a few (10-20), but where to sell the rest?

Map says only a few can be sold... can someone help?

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... E9BD58396/
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... E9BD58396/
(from Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/app/392160/d ... 091285018/)

jjester
x4

Post by jjester » Mon, 3. Dec 18, 17:53

Same situation here. +1

LanceCorp
x4

Re: 1.10 BUG "Food Shortage" mission has no valid target stations

Post by LanceCorp » Mon, 3. Dec 18, 22:11

same issue

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 3. Dec 18, 22:15

Please note that the devs are aware of this one and hopefully will sort something out in future builds.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Cunk
x4

Post by Cunk » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 01:57

I feel like only 25% of this game's missions are actually working. Amazing how broken everything is.

harbertown
x3ap

Post by harbertown » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 01:06

I guess I know why I can't complete this now lol :rant: :evil:

I was so excited about that reward too :( Oh well, at least I know now!

jedensuscg
x4

Post by jedensuscg » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 23:56

harbertown wrote:
Thu, 6. Dec 18, 01:06
I guess I know why I can't complete this now lol :rant: :evil:

I was so excited about that reward too :( Oh well, at least I know now!

Ya same thing bit me. It seems the entire economy is crap, as my auto traders keep buying stuff, and then are unable to sell it, so they just sit there.
Luckily I was able to make a small profit selling the supplies I bought for the mission several sectors away.

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 02:57

Delivering the wares takes time. There's no time limit on the mission.

pwillemsen
x3tc

Post by pwillemsen » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 21:25

I found out that you need to sell over time to several stations in the sector so i had a trader go from one station to the other. However, after a few stations I sold all the nostrop oil but unfortunately in the actual mission briefing this was not updated so i could either get more nostrop oil and wait for demand again or just cancel the mission and focus on other tasks.

kylania
x4

Post by kylania » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 08:33

I just completed one tonight. I had to have my trader go station to station selling what she could at each. Had to go to all the stations doing Trade Offers to each station in turn and had to go back to three for the last 100 units or so.

Not a lot of guidance, but not bugged after all.

sandalle
x4

Post by sandalle » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 09:08

kylania wrote:
Tue, 11. Dec 18, 08:33
I just completed one tonight. I had to have my trader go station to station selling what she could at each. Had to go to all the stations doing Trade Offers to each station in turn and had to go back to three for the last 100 units or so.

Not a lot of guidance, but not bugged after all.
Still bugged in that I have some Zones for these missions where they have no Buy Orders for the product(s) in question, so I cannot sell to them even in small increments, though perhaps 1.32 (once out) will fix it with the economic stimulus package.

rboerdijk
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by rboerdijk » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 21:13

We are aware of the issue and will look into improving it (possibly by making the requested amounts (and reward) update in "real-time" and explaining you are competing with npc-traders).
With the current build, you'd have to wait until a station is in need of that ware again and then quickly deliver.

Update: Mission-briefing has been updated to reflect you are competing with other traders.
Note that we still intend to make further improvements.

grieger
x4

Post by grieger » Sat, 22. Dec 18, 08:36

I know it's been a few days since the last post here but I was able to get these missions done by finding the appropriate stations selling the products in question (food stuffs, medical) and hacking the terminals for those stations. I hacked the storage and production terminals. That seemed to clear sell offers there which made the stations in the sector start to show buy offers for food and medical (could take a few minutes). I guess those traders we were competing against were doing a better job because the sources were right there in the sector (which is weird considering the whole point of the missions are to supply food/medicine which are supposed to have low supply...thus the purpose of the mission, no?).

I feel like these missions should either be more dynamic (go based on what's short in supply in the sector, not just food and medicines) or should have artificial demand pressure (or supply depletion) so the demand is there for us to complete the mission, even with NPC competition...

greystar
x4

Post by greystar » Tue, 10. Jan 23, 09:12

This is still, for me, the case in 5.10. This mission has taken me about 20+ hours of real world time just staring at the non-existent food shortages.

For me, missions like this are really turning me off the game, but the core game engine is working really well now, it is excellent, just the missions.

It's not really fair what another said about "everything being broken", just a few mission scripts, but for us players, this can be a real problem and really affect our enjoyment of the game.

Please fix these missions to perhaps not be offered or to have a completion that is possible (maybe with reduced reward) if at least some of the deliveries are possible and made.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 10. Jan 23, 09:30

If you're having a similar problem in 5.10 then please make a new report in a new thread and provide the information requested at the top of the forum. A savegame, in particular, would be extremely useful. Any reports in a thread that's four years, and several versions, old are unlikely to have the same causes as anything you're seeing now. :)

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”