My game won't start up properly all of a sudden :(

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

BlackQ

My game won't start up properly all of a sudden :(

Post by BlackQ » Fri, 29. Mar 24, 13:03

My game won't start up properly all of a sudden:
Hello, 3 months ago I was able to run X4 normally. but when I was excited to get back into the X-Universe today, the game wouldn't start up properly, there was a black window that flickered and ended, then I tried deleting all the mods, deleting the game and reinstalling it and it still didn't fix the problem. After deleting the archive and settings files too, the error checking window for drdump appears, but the progress bar scrolls for a few seconds and then jumps to the "Exit Code 1027" website. Can anyone help me? :cry:
Now, there are files with a .dmp extension in the game installation directory, is there an email address I need to send these files to to help solve the problem? :cry:

我的游戏无法突然正常启动:
您好,3个月前我可以正常地运行X4。但是当我今天兴致冲冲地想重回X宇宙时,游戏却无法正常启动,有一个黑色的窗口一闪而过就结束了,然后我试过删除所有Mod,删除游戏重新安装,却依旧没有解决这个问题。把存档和设置文件也删除后,出现了drdump的错误检查窗口,但是进度条滚动几秒后跳转到了"Exit Code 1027"的网站。有人可以帮帮我吗?
现在,在游戏安装目录出现了一些后缀为.dmp的文件,我需要往什么邮箱发送这些文件以帮助解决问题吗?
Last edited by BlackQ on Fri, 29. Mar 24, 13:12, edited 1 time in total.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: My game won't start up properly all of a sudden :(

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 29. Mar 24, 13:11

All that you need to know to allow us to help you more effectively is in this sticky thread.

When the game used to work but stops doing so without you making any changes to the game then the usual suspects are changes to hardware, device drivers or OS/antivirus updates/changes.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

BlackQ

Post by BlackQ » Fri, 29. Mar 24, 13:18

Alan Phipps wrote:
Fri, 29. Mar 24, 13:11
All that you need to know to allow us to help you more effectively is in this sticky thread.

When the game used to work but stops doing so without you making any changes to the game then the usual suspects are changes to hardware, device drivers or OS/antivirus updates/changes.
Thank you for your reply! I just couldn't get the error code correctly, but now I can open the "Exitcodes" site correctly, and I get my error code: 1027. but I don't seem to see a solution for it. :)

感谢您的回复!我刚刚没法正常得到错误代码,现在可以正常打开"Exitcodes"网站了,我得到了我的错误代码:1027。但是好像没有看到对应的解决方案。

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 29. Mar 24, 13:30

Once again, we cannot help you without more information. The thread linked by Alan tells you the information you need to provide, and explains how to provide it.

Exitcode 1027 essentially means that Vulkan is not functioning on your PC. This could be a hardware or driver issue, but we can't make any suggestions as to which it might be without the information requested.

BlackQ

Post by BlackQ » Fri, 29. Mar 24, 13:58

CBJ wrote:
Fri, 29. Mar 24, 13:30
Once again, we cannot help you without more information. The thread linked by Alan tells you the information you need to provide, and explains how to provide it.

Exitcode 1027 essentially means that Vulkan is not functioning on your PC. This could be a hardware or driver issue, but we can't make any suggestions as to which it might be without the information requested.
My PC was still able to launch the game last June, so it shouldn't be a hardware issue, and my game drivers haven't changed in any way by definition.
我的电脑在去年6月还能启动游戏,所以应该不是硬件问题,我的游戏驱动按理来说没有发生任何改变。

1. Version and language (e.g. 6.10 Hotfix 1, English, etc.).
6.20, Chinese, Steam, Windows 11 23H2.

2. Whether or not your game is modified using any third party scripts or mods (see note below).
There was and is some mods from Steam, but it has been removed and the game reinstalled and the original game settings overwritten with a secure configuration.
曾今有一些来自Steam的Mod,但是已经删除了,并且重新安装了游戏,还用安全配置覆盖了原有的游戏设置。

3. Game start being played.
I don't get what this means? I can't get to the game's interface.
我没明白这是什么意思?我无法进入游戏的界面。

4. Exact nature of the problem, where and when it occurs and what you were doing at the time.
The problem first occurred at about 18:00 Eastern Standard Time on Earth, and I was in China. As for the exact nature of the problem, from my personal understanding, it affects my nightly entertainment. From EGOSOFT's perspective, it could be a game bug.
这个问题最开始的发生时间大约是地球东八区的18点,我正在中国。至于具体它是个什么性质的问题,从我个人的角度理解,它影响了我的夜间娱乐。从EGOSOFT的角度,可能是一个游戏Bug。

5. Any possibly relevant changes you have made to your game, system, or software before the issue occurred.
Before this happened, I had a couple mods installed on Steam, such as No Fog, etc.
在发生这件事之前,我在Steam上安装了几个Mod,如No Fog等等。

6. Where appropriate, additional symptoms, error messages, links to saves *, screenshots and crash dump files.
I've prepared screenshots of the window that suggests the game error, crash log and dump files, exit code (1027), DXDiag and VulkanInfo files that I can provide to EGOSOFT, but to which email address should I send it?
我准备了提示游戏错误的窗口截图、崩溃日志和转储文件、退出代码(1027)、DXDiag and VulkanInfo文件,可以提供给EGOSOFT,但是我该发送到哪个邮箱?

7. Your system specifications in the form of a DxDiag report and vulkaninfo.
以下是一部分DxDiag报告,全部的vulkaninfo在下一个回复。
Here's a portion of the DxDiag report, the full vulkaninfo is in the next reply:
hidden.
Last edited by BlackQ on Sat, 30. Mar 24, 10:41, edited 3 times in total.

BlackQ

Post by BlackQ » Fri, 29. Mar 24, 14:11

CBJ wrote:
Fri, 29. Mar 24, 13:30

hidden.
Last edited by BlackQ on Sat, 30. Mar 24, 10:42, edited 1 time in total.

Feloidea
x4

Post by Feloidea » Fri, 29. Mar 24, 14:34

Your DxDiag shows an Intel Iris Xe as the GPU which I'm pretty sure doesn't meet the minimum system requirements. If the game worked beforehand as reported, I would expect you also have a dedicated GPU. It's possible a software update changed your system settings and it now defaults to the integrated GPU instead of your dedicated one.

BlackQ

Post by BlackQ » Fri, 29. Mar 24, 14:40

Feloidea wrote:
Fri, 29. Mar 24, 14:34
Your DxDiag shows an Intel Iris Xe as the GPU which I'm pretty sure doesn't meet the minimum system requirements. If the game worked beforehand as reported, I would expect you also have a dedicated GPU. It's possible a software update changed your system settings and it now defaults to the integrated GPU instead of your dedicated one.
But I'm pretty sure I booted up X4 on this PC six months ago, and just a few days ago I played through Cyberpunk 2077. and when I switch the game version to 6.1 - Version 6.10 Hotfix 1 (legacy) I can launch the game, 6.20 does not. So I don't think it's my PC graphics card that's causing the problem, but rather 6.20, the game version.
但是我非常确定,半年前我就在这台PC上启动了X4,就在几天前我还通关了赛博朋克2077。而且当我游戏版本切换到6.1 - Version 6.10 Hotfix 1 (legacy)时就可以启动游戏,6.20却不可以。所以我不认为是我的PC显卡导致的问题,而是6.20这个游戏版本的问题。
Last edited by BlackQ on Fri, 29. Mar 24, 14:46, edited 1 time in total.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 29. Mar 24, 14:43

The partial DxDiag is nearly useless for our purposes. The thread I linked tells you how to upload and link such files.

The only graphics device shown in the DxDiag portion and in your Vulkaninfo is your onboard graphics chipset. This will not run X4 properly as the game needs a dedicated graphics card with latest driver and Vulkan, and at least 3-4 GB of dedicated VRAM. Maybe the onboard graphics allowed some limited gameplay in past versions but updates and DLCs since may have taken the game beyond its capability.

Are you sure you don't have a dedicated graphics card too? (This is what the full DxDiag would tell us.)

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Fri, 29. Mar 24, 14:44

BlackQ wrote:
Fri, 29. Mar 24, 14:40
could it be that a six-month update has caused the game's configuration requirements to increase? I don't think it's my PC graphics card that's causing the problem.
The update to 6.2 was last year in august: viewtopic.php?f=180&t=402960 (511811 - 2023-08-24)

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

BlackQ

Post by BlackQ » Fri, 29. Mar 24, 14:47

chew-ie wrote:
Fri, 29. Mar 24, 14:44
BlackQ wrote:
Fri, 29. Mar 24, 14:40
could it be that a six-month update has caused the game's configuration requirements to increase? I don't think it's my PC graphics card that's causing the problem.
The update to 6.2 was last year in august: viewtopic.php?f=180&t=402960 (511811 - 2023-08-24)
Sorry, I was the one who remembered the wrong time. When I switch the game version to 6.1 - Version 6.10 Hotfix 1 (legacy) I can launch the game, 6.20 does not.

BlackQ

Post by BlackQ » Fri, 29. Mar 24, 14:49

Alan Phipps wrote:
Fri, 29. Mar 24, 14:43
The partial DxDiag is nearly useless for our purposes. The thread I linked tells you how to upload and link such files.

The only graphics device shown in the DxDiag portion and in your Vulkaninfo is your onboard graphics chipset. This will not run X4 properly as the game needs a dedicated graphics card with latest driver and Vulkan, and at least 3-4 GB of dedicated VRAM. Maybe the onboard graphics allowed some limited gameplay in past versions but updates and DLCs since may have taken the game beyond its capability.

Are you sure you don't have a dedicated graphics card too? (This is what the full DxDiag would tell us.)
是的,我没有专用显卡,Intel Iris Xe会模拟显卡到大概GTX 1050的水平,而且有8G显存。
Yes, I don't have a dedicated graphics card, Intel Iris Xe will emulate the card to roughly the level of a GTX 1050 and has 8G of dedicated VRAM.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 29. Mar 24, 14:53

OK, that's the problem then. Your system is not up to running X4 current version using onboard graphics alone. You can check that 6.20 installed correctly though using the game verification.

Your Xeon chipset only has 128 MB of dedicated fast VRAM, the 8 GB shown in DxDiag is shared use of slower system RAM that is not really up to the graphics workload for X4.

BlackQ

Post by BlackQ » Fri, 29. Mar 24, 14:58

Alan Phipps wrote:
Fri, 29. Mar 24, 14:53
OK, that's the problem then. Your system is not up to running X4 current version using onboard graphics alone. You can check that 6.20 installed correctly though using the game verification.

Your Xeon chipset only has 128 MB of dedicated fast VRAM, the 8 GB shown in DxDiag is shared use of slower system RAM that is not really up to the graphics workload for X4.
Well, thanks for helping me find the problem, but 6.1 works fine, hopefully 6.2 and later will work fine as well, since using the beta seems to be causing me to not be able to use Steam's Mods.

好吧,谢谢你帮我找到了问题所在,但是6.1版本可以正常运行,希望6.2和以后的版本也能够正常运行,因为使用测试版好像导致我没法使用Steam的Mods。

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 29. Mar 24, 15:11

There is no beta at the moment, so I'm not sure what you're referring to there, nor with regard to mods.

While your Intel graphics hardware may, by chance, have worked with some earlier versions, it doesn't meet the minimum requirements for the game and there is no guarantee that it will work with current or future ones. If it doesn't work with 6.20, which appears to be the case, then it is unlikely to do so with later versions.

BlackQ

Post by BlackQ » Fri, 29. Mar 24, 15:18

CBJ wrote:
Fri, 29. Mar 24, 15:11
There is no beta at the moment, so I'm not sure what you're referring to there, nor with regard to mods.

While your Intel graphics hardware may, by chance, have worked with some earlier versions, it doesn't meet the minimum requirements for the game and there is no guarantee that it will work with current or future ones. If it doesn't work with 6.20, which appears to be the case, then it is unlikely to do so with later versions.
I mean in Steam:

LIBRARY -> right click on the X4: Foundations -> Properties -> BETAS

This BETAS offers a version of the game.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 29. Mar 24, 15:34

You can only get older version versions of the game there currently. When a new public beta starts, the beta of the new version will also be available there, but it is unlikely to work with unsupported hardware if 6.20 doesn't. Which game version or versions are supported by a particular mod is a matter for that mod's author.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”