Hangup while undocking and when shooting - Modded game.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

DeadlyJames
x4

Hangup while undocking and when shooting - Modded game.

Post by DeadlyJames » Sat, 1. Apr 23, 07:01

I am playing 5.10 and tested this on all settings, while playing on steam deck I got everything set to medium and turned off mods as well. After getting my ship ready for missions, I undock and the game freezes for about 3 minutes then when I get out of the port I test out my gun and it frrese after the first fire for 30 secs. I've tried everything I know it should work I seen others on YouTube and tried to copy their settings. Please help
Never trust the Borons

chew-ie
x4

Re: Hangup while undocking and when shooting.

Post by chew-ie » Sat, 1. Apr 23, 11:16

First two ideas: make _absolutely sure_ that there are no mods in your installation (not only deactivate them, delete them). And did you install the linux version of X4? SteamDeck runs on Linux, so you shouldn't use the Windows version of X4, just in case.

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

DeadlyJames
x4

Post by DeadlyJames » Sat, 1. Apr 23, 16:04

I am new to steam deck how do I get it to run Linux version?
Never trust the Borons

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Sat, 1. Apr 23, 16:35

That's nothing connected to the SteamDeck - just choose the linux version. (I'm using GOG, so don't know the exact procedure) I'm also pointing that out because people tend to copy over their windows games on the steam deck without noticing that there is a) a linux running and b) a linux version of the game might be available.

Having said that - if you installed the game on the SteamDeck using Steam it should already chose the proper version.

Spoiler
Show

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sat, 1. Apr 23, 16:49

Please don't confuse matters if you don't know about Steam Deck. The Steam Deck is actually able to run both versions (the Windows version under Proton, and the Linux version natively).

To the OP, if you "turned off" mods and then tried to carry on playing the savegames you created while they were enabled, then that could well explain why you are having problems. You can't make the effects that mods have on your savegame just vanish by disabling the mods. You need to start a new game with no mods enabled to be sure that the mods are not affecting your game.

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Sat, 1. Apr 23, 16:54

If that was pointed at me - I'm aware of that as I'm owning the 512GB version. As said, people tend to copy over there Windows versions. And as the op might have copied over his modded X4 windows version this might have something to do with his problem ingame.

I'm playing the X4 linux version on the steam deck and have no problem undocking. But I'm also using a vanilla version while the OP seems to have mods which he just deactivated.

Spoiler
Show

DeadlyJames
x4

Post by DeadlyJames » Sat, 1. Apr 23, 20:22

Thanks all I did start a. New game which I am sad because I was very far in my old, it is doing a lot better. It is not at 97% gpu and 80 cpu. Could have been the background processes. Anyways I took off all but one mod (make it easier to use controller for me) thanks for your help
Never trust the Borons

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”