[BETA 6.0 - 492699] AI unable to jump while in ship (M Class Ship)

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

alakeram
x4

[BETA 6.0 - 492699] AI unable to jump while in ship (M Class Ship)

Post by alakeram » Sun, 5. Feb 23, 05:19

I have found out in some sectors if you are riding a S or M class ship they try to act like a big ship and jump by going past the jump gate and jump past it, This has something to do with the AI thinking a smaller ship has the ability to use a jump drive at a jump gate.

https://i.gyazo.com/fcad3376702afd828f9 ... 3edb41.jpg

So far this is the only jump gate I confirmed it not to go though, it will come the opposite way just fine but not the indicated jump gate.
Last edited by Terre on Sun, 5. Feb 23, 06:23, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [BETA 6.0 - 492699] AI unable to jump while in ship (M Class Ship)

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 5. Feb 23, 09:46

Since you have identified at least one gate where it seems to happen, please link a vanilla save where the issue is about to become apparent along with the steps to find it for the devs to investigate. Thanks.

That said, I have seen some posts where players thought that some gates had been placed with their backs to the sector centre and that was tentatively identified as a Jolt issue in this thread.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

alakeram
x4

Post by alakeram » Sun, 5. Feb 23, 18:33

I was able to jump through it normally, But the AI when attempting to go through the gate they just fly through it.

This is a Vanilla play-through i'll post a save if it is needed. So far the AI will use the jump gate without the player on it, but if you are on the ship with the AI it will go through the jumpgate. So far this is the only jumpgate that it happens at but i can't confirm it happens to other jump gates due to this is a new game and haven't gotten that far into it yet (about 3 hours)

If i run into anymore that does this I will post it in this thread

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sun, 5. Feb 23, 21:03

alakeram wrote:
Sun, 5. Feb 23, 18:33
This is a Vanilla play-through i'll post a save if it is needed.
Please don't wait to be asked. If you're making a report, then just provide all the information you have.

Kolohe
x4

Post by Kolohe » Tue, 7. Feb 23, 01:40

alakeram wrote:
Sun, 5. Feb 23, 18:33
I was able to jump through it normally, But the AI when attempting to go through the gate they just fly through it.

This is a Vanilla play-through i'll post a save if it is needed. So far the AI will use the jump gate without the player on it, but if you are on the ship with the AI it will go through the jumpgate. So far this is the only jumpgate that it happens at but i can't confirm it happens to other jump gates due to this is a new game and haven't gotten that far into it yet (about 3 hours)

If i run into anymore that does this I will post it in this thread
I spent an hour this evening trying to reproduce, and was unable to. I used two save games with end game progress, then started a new one using only S and M class ships. In the new game I flew through several gates including the one between Second Contact Flash Point and Black Hole Sun IV as indicated in this other thread. viewtopic.php?f=192&t=451479

I then set the NPC Pilot to travel no less than 32 times between the sectors, directing the captain to fly and stop on the opposite side of the gate. The result is no error, but some good time relaxing with my dram of Lagavulin.
Last edited by Alan Phipps on Tue, 7. Feb 23, 10:05, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Corrected link

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”