Certain mods from workshop continue to install and activate despite no sub

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

TGK72
x4

Certain mods from workshop continue to install and activate despite no sub

Post by TGK72 » Fri, 9. Dec 22, 02:23

I have been "trying" to get a clean install with very specific mods. I have some mods from nexus, and some are from the workshop. Nexus mods with vortex install just fine and only the mods that should. But when I go to install my subbed workshop mods, there's 3 mods from the last time I played and modded the game right after ToA launched that relentless find themselves back in my extension folder, and one of them is always invalid too while the other two install just fine like they are subbed

I feel like ive tried everything. Clean reinstalling the game, deleting my userdata folder in the steam folder, deleting my egosoft folder in documents, deleting all the strings in the content folder in the x4 install location, wiping my steam cloud data, unsubbing from all mods then restarting steam and resubbing, deleting my workshop folder in the steam install, praying to allah, jehovah, budda, Satan, Zeus, Quetzalcoatl, the all father, and even Nyarlathotep the crawling chaos itself! Even all of these things all at once! Having reinstalled this game 3 times already.

But no matter what, I always see them right back and activated. Even if I make a new mod collection with a bunch of other random mods and sub it. Simply deleting the mods from extensions solves the issue, but im just not understanding whats making them come back everytime and ONLY those specific workshop mods?
Is this an issue I should take to steam or some other god not already listed?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Certain mods from workshop continue to install and activate despite no sub

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 9. Dec 22, 10:54

I'm afraid that this is something that you would have to take up with Steam and/or the authors of the relevant mods. The most likely trigger for just certain mods reinstalling is that they are firmly embedded in any save(s) that you are loading.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”