Game crashes during savegame loading - modded

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

temporis
x4

Game crashes during savegame loading - modded

Post by temporis » Sat, 14. May 22, 20:33

Hello.

I got into this problem after 4.20 to 5.0 update. My current game wersion is 5.0 HF 2 and problem still exists.The game runs on Windows 10. Game language En.
Game is lightly modified. I can start a NEW game anyway successfully. Yet loading the 4.20 version saved game fails.
I ran the game with debug option and logging. Log yelds an fatal error in quotes below.
FATAL ERROR (version 5.10 - Code revision: 477240): A fatal error has occurred and the game cannot recover.
Exit code: 1116

Invalid owner class for NavigationController
DXDIAG: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pwSOTv ... sp=sharing

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Game crashes during savegame loading

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 14. May 22, 20:37

If you verify your game installation and it comes up OK then I would mainly suspect that one of your 'light' mods as embedded in that save has not kept up with the game version updates.

Your DxDiag shows that your graphics card has only the minimum VRAM for the game and that your graphics driver (and hence Vulkan) is over a year old. Your Realtek onboard sound chipset has a generic Microsoft driver rather than a Realtek driver such as Realtek HD Audio Codec R2.82 or later. These *should* not affect save/load though.

I'm not seeing any Windows Error Reports about X4 in your DxDiag, just Windows Update issues and one Explorer issue.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

temporis
x4

Re: Game crashes during savegame loading - modded

Post by temporis » Sun, 22. May 22, 10:43

Thanks for the rely. I hoped that the error is more generic. The mods I have are those introducing a ships from the rebirth. I was going to get rid of them anyway, but i n a graceful way.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”