Why do I get a performance increase by restarting the game? - Resolved, modded game issue.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

lainio
x4

Why do I get a performance increase by restarting the game? - Resolved, modded game issue.

Post by lainio » Thu, 17. Sep 20, 09:00

Hey everyone,

it's weird that my game gets slower and slower the longer I play. It seems as opening the map often enough, makes your game slower (less FPS).
For example: I started the game and had like 80-90 FPS (pretty empty sector).
After closing the map after I've done some station/ship building, I get 30-50 fps. Doing that for another 30min-1h it drops to 30 and it gets worse.
I have to restart the game to get the high FPS back. Why is it so? Is there something I can do?

My Specs:
AMD Ryzen 3700x
4x 8GB
RTX 2080 Super
Installed on a SSD

EGO_Aut
x4

Re: Why do I get a performance increase by restarting the game?

Post by EGO_Aut » Thu, 17. Sep 20, 19:17

Map and on a station= low fps
Flying around without big fight= high fps

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 17. Sep 20, 19:26

I don't think that's the scenario the OP is describing. As I understand it, they're getting a reduction in performance that remains even when they stop using the map. That's not normal, but it's hard to make any kind of comment on what might be causing it without more information. In this case a DXDiag and vulkaninfo would be a first step, and a copy of the config.xml from the game's sub-folder in Documents would help as well.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Fri, 18. Sep 20, 03:46

Is the game modded? If so then it could be some mod going wrong that is fixed by restarting the game.

Otherwise another possible cause could be graphic driver related. Try clean installing the latest Nvidia driver and then restarting (not shutdown) the computer to make sure the driver gets cleanly loaded.

Try disabling sound playback devices that are not actively being used. These have been known to cause performance issues.

Also monitor both GPU and CPU thermals. Their performance will decrease over time if they are having to thermal throttle.

Cannot think of any more suggestions to try without more information.

lainio
x4

Post by lainio » Sat, 19. Sep 20, 01:21

Thanks for your replies :)

Yes the game was modded. I deleted some of them and it's working again as intended!!

ezra-r
x4

Re: Why do I get a performance increase by restarting the game? - Resolved, modded game issue.

Post by ezra-r » Sat, 19. Sep 20, 17:52

it would be nice if you could tell which one was causing it, as in to help others...

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”