[3.20] L miners stop mining after doing a few mine and trade cycles - Improvement in a future build.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

sh1pman
x4

[3.20] L miners stop mining after doing a few mine and trade cycles - Improvement in a future build.

Post by sh1pman » Fri, 10. Jul 20, 16:55

Save file.

Sector "Family Zhin", look for 2 ships called "Ore Miner L". They have orders to mine ore in the sector, but they don't do anything. They have "Mine Resources" order in their order queue, and their current commands are "Flying" or "Searching for resources". Deleting the "Mine Resources" order manually fixes the problem, but only temporarily. After some time they get stuck again. Interestingly, it doesn't affect M miners, those perform nominally. Also, there is plenty of Ore, many resource probes and Ore consumers in the sector.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [3.20] L miners don't mine.

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 10. Jul 20, 17:07

Did you mean 3.20 in the thread title, or do you mean 3.30 b3 HF1 as the current beta?

Are you usually IS or OOS relative to these miners? Do your L miners have mining lasers and mining drones which are needed for IS mining (M miners don't use drones)?
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

sh1pman
x4

Post by sh1pman » Fri, 10. Jul 20, 17:13

Alan Phipps wrote:
Fri, 10. Jul 20, 17:07
Did you mean 3.20 in the thread title, or do you mean 3.30 b3 HF1 as the current beta?

Are you usually IS or OOS relative to these miners? Do your L miners have mining lasers and mining drones which are needed for IS mining (M miners don't use drones)?
It's 3.20, I probably should've posted this in Tech Support...

I'm usually OOS, they have mining laser turrets and 7 Ore Collector drones each. They work for some time, do several mining-trading cycles and then get stuck and stop doing anything.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 10. Jul 20, 17:39

Thanks. Moving it across from the beta forum.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [3.20] L miners stop mining after doing a few mine and trade cycles.

Post by Imperial Good » Fri, 10. Jul 20, 18:31

Make sure the L miner has mining drones. Without at least 1 such drone equipped it cannot mine. Mining drones can be refitted at any equipment dock or L shipyard.

Also make sure that it has free storage capacity. If a mining ship is filled with other mineable wares that are not involved with its current mining order then it will likely become stuck. You can use the ship info tab to explicitly drop undesirable cargo into space, freeing up storage capacity for correct operation. If the L miner was obtained by boarding or as a mission reward they usually come pre-loaded with mined wares which may not match the wares that the ship gets allocated to mine.

L miners work best in low attention (out of sector). If this is an issue with it functioning in sector then there can be other causes.

sh1pman
x4

Post by sh1pman » Fri, 10. Jul 20, 18:41

Imperial Good wrote:
Fri, 10. Jul 20, 18:31
Make sure the L miner has mining drones. Without at least 1 such drone equipped it cannot mine. Mining drones can be refitted at any equipment dock or L shipyard.

Also make sure that it has free storage capacity. If a mining ship is filled with other mineable wares that are not involved with its current mining order then it will likely become stuck. You can use the ship info tab to explicitly drop undesirable cargo into space, freeing up storage capacity for correct operation. If the L miner was obtained by boarding or as a mission reward they usually come pre-loaded with mined wares which may not match the wares that the ship gets allocated to mine.

L miners work best in low attention (out of sector). If this is an issue with it functioning in sector then there can be other causes.
Yes, I answered all that in the above message :)

They have 7 mining drones each, their cargo is empty when they get stuck, and it happens when I’m OOS. They are set to only mine Ore, that’s why they’re called “Ore Miner L” :D

I built these miners myself in my own shipyard.

Moving their “Mine resources” order marker on the map even slightly causes them to break out of this lock and start mining normally. But only for a time. They get stuck again several mining cycles later.

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Post by j.harshaw » Mon, 13. Jul 20, 12:26

Thanks for the report and the save. The area where your miners are mining have become completely depleted after they started mining there. Added some logic to detect this state and attempt to recover, which they should be able to do as long as there are resources available in their operating area, particularly if you have resource probes that register those resources in that area. Should be in a future update.

sh1pman
x4

Post by sh1pman » Mon, 13. Jul 20, 12:27

Thanks!

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”