Problems when trying to type in game - Resolved by removing ED Tracker.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

THE BL1P
x4

Problems when trying to type in game - Resolved by removing ED Tracker.

Post by THE BL1P » Sun, 31. May 20, 11:47

Whenever I try to type in any of the input boxes, for example the Search Box in the Player Information tab then the Logbook then the Upkeep section.
Or for any of the input boxes.
The game removes my input and CTRL+< and CTRL+> (where < and > = arrows) appears at the top left and right of the main tabs.

It does this in both Main and Beta for me.

EDIT: This happens when I use the mouse to select the input box and not when I use only keyboard.

Thanks,
BL1P.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Problems when trying to type in game.

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 31. May 20, 12:18

Have you verified your game installation since the last update or change between release and beta or reverse? Is your game modded?

It might be worth checking to see if your mouse has a stuck button that is sending a continuous input of some sort to the game. Do you have, or could you borrow, a different and maybe simpler mouse to use and eliminate that as a cause in-game? (I'm thinking more about that you might have a gaming mouse rather than a standard 3 button one.)

The only other thing I can think of is to make sure you don't have any mouse macros operating that might cause this.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

THE BL1P
x4

Post by THE BL1P » Sun, 31. May 20, 12:56

Alan Phipps wrote:
Sun, 31. May 20, 12:18
Have you verified your game installation since the last update or change between release and beta or reverse? Is your game modded?

It might be worth checking to see if your mouse has a stuck button that is sending a continuous input of some sort to the game. Do you have, or could you borrow, a different and maybe simpler mouse to use and eliminate that as a cause in-game? (I'm thinking more about that you might have a gaming mouse rather than a standard 3 button one.)

The only other thing I can think of is to make sure you don't have any mouse macros operating that might cause this.
I have swapped from release to beta once, My game is modded atm yes, but this happens when not modded also.
My mouse is just and Razer Deathadder essential. Not running any mouse macros.
No stuck buttons.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 31. May 20, 13:50

How does the game remove your input? Does it not show at all when you type, does it disappear all at once or letter-by-letter (forwards or backwards?) when you finish or press/click something else?

I am not seeing any other reports of this and so it has to be something in your set-up or system.

THE BL1P
x4

Post by THE BL1P » Sun, 31. May 20, 18:14

Alan Phipps wrote:
Sun, 31. May 20, 13:50
How does the game remove your input? Does it not show at all when you type, does it disappear all at once or letter-by-letter (forwards or backwards?) when you finish or press/click something else?

I am not seeing any other reports of this and so it has to be something in your set-up or system.
I will attempt to track down what happens and give more details.

Thanks.

THE BL1P
x4

Post by THE BL1P » Sun, 31. May 20, 19:18

THE BL1P wrote:
Sun, 31. May 20, 18:14
Alan Phipps wrote:
Sun, 31. May 20, 13:50

I will attempt to track down what happens and give more details.

Thanks.
Found it... It was my ED tracker, was playing Elite Dangerous the other day and forgot this game doesn't support headtracking.
unpluged it and all is ok again now :)

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Problems when trying to type in game - Resolved by removing ED Tracker.

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 31. May 20, 20:26

Great to hear that. Enjoy the game.

BTW, X4 does support head tracking while piloting including, it seems, for ED Tracker. Hence I still suspect that your typing issue is just an ED Tracker set-up issue.

THE BL1P
x4

Re: Problems when trying to type in game - Resolved by removing ED Tracker.

Post by THE BL1P » Sun, 31. May 20, 20:59

Alan Phipps wrote:
Sun, 31. May 20, 20:26
Great to hear that. Enjoy the game.

BTW, X4 does support head tracking while piloting including, it seems, for ED Tracker. Hence I still suspect that your typing issue is just an ED Tracker set-up issue.
I tried to message that person to ask how they got it working the forum said they dont exist ??

EDIT worked second time I tried. :(

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”