[3.10] Unable to save the game while in stuck conversation with NPC - Fix coming & workarounds to try for now.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

stefanEgo
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [3.10] Unable to save the game while in stuck conversation with NPC - workarounds to try for now.

Post by stefanEgo » Mon, 18. May 20, 17:52

@SamuraiProgrammer:
If you can repro this kind of reliable on your side (maybe with some savegame in such a situation), please try this with 3.20 Beta 1. If it's repro with that version for you, it would help to get the save so we can directly try to reproduce it with that one.
If the issue is not reproducible for you with 3.20 Beta 1, then you likely ran into the issue which has been fixed in that version and must therefore be a different one than the one Rayman2200 is talking about, as he explicitly tested his case for the known/fixed condition.
Stefan Hett

Erlindur
x4

Re: [3.10] Unable to save the game while in stuck conversation with NPC - workarounds to try for now.

Post by Erlindur » Mon, 18. May 20, 23:23

I had that issue a few times and I'm pretty sure it was in 3.20. I do remember how I got it the first time though and maybe you can replicate it that way. I was in the map and Comm with a pilot to feed him seminars and the autosave kicked in. I'm not sure if it kicked in the first feeding or somewere in the sequence cause I kept feeding pilots and wondering why that bunch of ships had the same pilot npc version spawned for them.

At first I thought that it was just a fluke caused by the autosave but I got the same issue in unrelated cases. But maybe the autosave can help you reproduce it.

SamuraiProgrammer
x4

Post by SamuraiProgrammer » Tue, 19. May 20, 07:24

I don't think what I am seeing is reliably reproducible. In order for the bug I saw to happen, another pilot had to report back in that his orders were complete at the same time I was in the middle of giving another pilot a seminar.

I am using vanilla 3.2 Beta on steam. I started the game 3.2 hit steam. I was using some ships to explore but instead of the basic explore command, I was giving them fly to orders. When they finished their orders (generally one circuit of a system) they would say 'awaiting orders'. At the same time, I was buying traders and miners and trying to train them up.

Here is a link to the save you requested: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kerojuazu6m6d ... ml.gz?dl=0

I don't think it will help much. The problem isn't happening so much now as I have put explorers on basic explore and my 4 combat ships usually are just sitting waiting for an incursion into my stations.

If it happens to me again, I will post in this thread.

Whether I am experiencing the same bug or not, I cannot truly say. I do know that the end result is the same. I have a persistent comm link to a pilot that I cannot close by normal means and while that is displayed, I cannot save.

Sorry if I have been beating a dead horse, but I am just trying to be helpful.

Thanks! :)

KlausM
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by KlausM » Tue, 19. May 20, 12:01

So far we haven't been able to reproduce the issue in the 3.20 beta.

Does the character in the monitor still move a bit back and forth, or is it just a frozen picture? It would also help with the investigation if you could provide a video of the conversation getting stuck.

SamuraiProgrammer
x4

Post by SamuraiProgrammer » Tue, 19. May 20, 15:59

I think he looks around like he is waiting for me to do something. I am not certain but I am pretty sure.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 19. May 20, 21:10

What Klaus was asking is whether the NPC picture is still animated, or if it is frozen like a screenshot.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

SamuraiProgrammer
x4

Post by SamuraiProgrammer » Tue, 19. May 20, 22:52

What Klaus was asking is whether the NPC picture is still animated, or if it is frozen like a screenshot.
In those terms, I think he was animated. I am not certain but I am pretty sure. 95% sure.

Thurak
x4

Post by Thurak » Thu, 21. May 20, 00:27

Same. 99% sure the com screen had a working animation even after the dialogue was done.

KlausM
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by KlausM » Thu, 21. May 20, 23:57

Good news: The stuck conversation should be fixed in a future update.

Until then, as a workaround, check the monitor after starting a conversation and make sure that your conversation partner is there before you select any options. If there's a blinking interactive event instead, please wait until it disappears.

SamuraiProgrammer
x4

Post by SamuraiProgrammer » Fri, 22. May 20, 01:25

Thanks. Danke. Gracias. Domo arigato. Kudos!

Thurak
x4

Post by Thurak » Sat, 23. May 20, 19:20

KlausM wrote:
Thu, 21. May 20, 23:57
Good news: The stuck conversation should be fixed in a future update.
That's great, thank you very much. Finding the/a reproducible usecase must have been really tough here.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [3.10] Unable to save the game while in stuck conversation with NPC - Fix coming & workarounds to try for now.

Post by CBJ » Sat, 23. May 20, 21:50

The breakthrough was actually enabled by a player who managed to capture it on video, and provided it to us along with really useful accompanying information. This kind of feedback really does help. :)

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”