Game giving orders to *wrong* ship

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Scoob
x4

Game giving orders to *wrong* ship

Post by Scoob » Sat, 15. Jun 19, 21:11

Hey all,

So, sometimes I issue an order to a ship and it just seems to sit there doing nothing, only for me later to notice an entirely different ship has actioned those orders. I usually assume I've miss-clicked or something and re-issue the order. However, this time I explicitly witnessed the game getting it wrong.

I'm on the deck of my Odysseus, having just returned with a captured Corvette. I place assign a new Captain to the Corvette and ask it to dock at an Argon Wharf. I then issue the "proceed with current orders" command, and note that it doesn't take off right away as would be normal, which was odd. I then go to my Property screen and note that my manually ordered Trade Ship had completed its last trade and was idle. I left click it, so it's highlighted, and proceed to issue a BUY order for it. However, I see I cannot load as many wares as usual. I check, confirming that my Trade Ship (an M-Class Mercury Vanguard) is selected, and it is, so I confirm the order to see what will happen. Instantly that captured Corvette takes off in front of me!

Basically, despite the Mercury being correctly selected, the game thought the order was for my newly captured Corvette. Anyone else noticing this? Not a clue how to recreate this, but it's the first time I've been fully aware of the *game* getting it wrong like this when the correct ship is highlighted, though I've suspected something isn't right a number of times.

Note: I've seen this with the wrong ship going to do a trade, the wrong ship going to a given location and even the wrong ship trying to execute an attack command.

Thought: I wonder if sometimes the game gets confused if a ship is listed in more than one place. I.e. it's both on level 1 of the Unassigned ships list, and it's also on a "docked ships" list. Ships affected by this are often docked, so in two places at once from a GUI perspective.

Scoob.

Pesanur
x4

Re: Game giving orders to *wrong* ship

Post by Pesanur » Sat, 15. Jun 19, 22:15

I noticed that several times, when you click in a ship/station in properties, it select another random ship/station instad of the highlighted, but not whats you are describing.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”