[2.21] deliver combat ships mission doesn't complete (misunderstanding)

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Faustov
x4

[2.21] deliver combat ships mission doesn't complete (misunderstanding)

Post by Faustov » Wed, 15. May 19, 00:12

I am trying out the argon vs xenon assemble fleet mission. Could anyone please explain why the ship is not getting counted for this mission?

Save: https://ufile.io/5ibqet0g
Last edited by Faustov on Thu, 16. May 19, 13:33, edited 1 time in total.

SPiDER
x4

Re: [2.21] deliver combat ships mission doesn't complete

Post by SPiDER » Wed, 15. May 19, 01:21

The colosus and the behemoth are easy just follow the guidance on the fitting out of the ship....fly them to the point of delivery the mission should "Ping"..then teleport to another ship ..you should then get the handover message.
The three ceberus's are as easily done too provided you know that the weapon MOD is only a basic one to one MAIN weapon and it has to be the default one for a Cerberus which is Torpedo Launcher..then do the same for the other two..and as above.
Be warned however once you hand over the ships they wont move EVER again....they will fire back if fired upon...but they will never move..untill the mission is updated by the DEV'S....saw posted elsewhere by somone else who has found the script behaviour for post mission and it was listed as "Too Do" in the xml file.and of course whether it would be retroactive is also unknown
I believe in the 2.5 beta the mission requirements had been updated to show what was needed for the weapom mod

But if like myself and others that were hoping it would provide a military boost to the ARG...it dosent work.

Also another one where supplying ships as part of an ANT trade guild mission is to supply M class Miners and trade ships, I have done several but gave up as these ships once handed over just become parked up unmoving ships cluttering up the map hopefully once again its fixed in a future build.

Kintanar
x4

Post by Kintanar » Wed, 15. May 19, 01:49

I did the HoP vs Argon one, i guess must of them are the same mechanic. Noticed that you must fly the ship personally and not assign any captain to the ship, if not, the ship will remain in your property even when the mission update. So:

a) Not assign captain and perhaps any personnel to the ship.
b) You must fly the ships one by one to the delivery mission point.

Sometimes the mission get accomplished with a lower number of the requested ships, so buy or build and deliver the ships one by one, until the missions is accomplished, so you will not end with ships you dont want and not expending money unnecessarily.

Faustov
x4

Post by Faustov » Wed, 15. May 19, 12:19

Thanks for the advice. Problem is, I believe to have met all requirements (see the save) and flew the ship myself to the right location.

I'll try removing the captain tonight somehow, see if that helps.

Faustov
x4

Post by Faustov » Wed, 15. May 19, 15:34

Just had a chance to try without the pilot. I did buy the colossus with a pilot, as it was mandatory, then parked another ship on it to move the pilot to it, then flew away and manually parked the colossus in the designated area.

Still - 0/5 is the counter of delivered ships.

Any other ideas?

Imperial Good
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Wed, 15. May 19, 18:37

SPiDER wrote:
Wed, 15. May 19, 01:21
The three ceberus's are as easily done too provided you know that the weapon MOD is only a basic one to one MAIN weapon
This is fixed for 2.50. Although not retrospectively (mission text must be saved, so only newly created missions after the update will reflect this).

In 2.50 all mods have unique names which new mission briefing text will reference to prevent any confusion.
SPiDER wrote:
Wed, 15. May 19, 01:21
and it has to be the default one for a Cerberus which is Torpedo Launcher.
Unless it explicitly asks for 1 x Torpedo Launcher this is not correct. Any weapon will do so I recommend the cheapest for maximum profit margin.
Kintanar wrote:
Wed, 15. May 19, 01:49
Noticed that you must fly the ship personally and not assign any captain to the ship
They can have captains and can fly to the objective area remotely and still count. The problem is that some objective areas spawn at high Y offsets and hence cannot be targeted remotely via the map meaning the only option is to manually fly the ships to the objective area. Having captains in them will not effect their validity for the mission at all.
Faustov wrote:
Wed, 15. May 19, 15:34
Any other ideas?
Try adding 10 flares to the Colossus Vanguard. As the mission requested. You can also remove 2 of the XL shield generators as the mission asks for at least 1 XL shield generator and not 3.

The save provided has no other of the requested ships available so I cannot comment what you are doing wrong with them.

In any case to test the mission can be completed I ordered the specified other ships. The 3 x Cerberus Vanguards had 1 Pulse Laser Mk 1 installed on them for the weapon mod. I then installed "Piercer (Damage Mod)" (This is a 2.50 B4 name, but basically the top most basic damage mod which just adds a little damage) on the guns.

All 3 Cerberus Vanguards counted. The refitted, as described above, Colossus Vanguard counted. The freshly ordered Behemoth Vanguard counted and the mission successfully completed. As such there is no bug here, the mission is working.

Faustov
x4

Post by Faustov » Wed, 15. May 19, 21:33

There is nothing in the mission about flares, but adding them did the trick! How did you know?

Edit: OMG. I never noticed the scrollbar, there was more information about this mission! Sorry for the confusion, all worked.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”