attacking stations, modules regenerated constantly still happening?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

alexthespaniard

attacking stations, modules regenerated constantly still happening?

Post by alexthespaniard » Wed, 17. Apr 24, 17:47

One of the problems I encountered when attacking stations is that the modules regenerated constantly, requiring multiple flybys at different points to destroy them. Additionally, they were difficult to detect because they were practically invisible. When attacking with just one destroyer, this was a major issue that I solved by teleporting and letting the ship attack. It wasn't a problem when I went with a large fleet. I think one possible solution is that they shouldn't regenerate once they've been attacked for 30 minutes. In this game, I still don't have the firepower to assault a station. Do you know if the same thing is still happening?

A5PECT
x4

Re: attacking stations, modules regenerated constantly still happening?

Post by A5PECT » Wed, 17. Apr 24, 17:57

This is an issue specifically with the Xenon, as their stations are constructed without a builder ship. For any other faction, you can block construction by simply destroying the build ship.

Against a Xenon station, your only option to stop construction is to destroy the contents of its build storage. This can only be done by the player manually flying and attacking the build storage containers; you can't order your NPC-controlled ships to do this.

7.00 beta makes build storages separate from the station on the map, but AI attack orders against stations under construction are currently bugged, as of beta 2.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

Irushian
x4

Re: attacking stations, modules regenerated constantly still happening?

Post by Irushian » Thu, 18. Apr 24, 01:08

A5PECT wrote:
Wed, 17. Apr 24, 17:57
This is an issue specifically with the Xenon, as their stations are constructed without a builder ship. For any other faction, you can block construction by simply destroying the build ship.
A construction ship isn't required for this and it has often been a frustration of mine as well. When attacking a large complex by the time you're down to the last couple of modules the first ones that got destroyed have already entered their repair timer so you have to find and target that specific module again or else the station hasn't been classified as destroyed.

I too have often found myself just teleporting away as it's a lot easier (but still annoying) to deal with OOS.

Return to “X4: Foundations”