in 7.0, larger default explore radius

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

zakaluka

in 7.0, larger default explore radius

Post by zakaluka » Wed, 17. Apr 24, 00:17

I had noticed at the very beginning of the beta that default explore radiuses are larger.

For instance, setting an explore command on the accelerator from second contact II -> second contact VII,
- before 7.0 I think the radius was closer to 170 (not easy for me to confirm exactly right now)
- In 7.0 beta, the default radius is 218.

I did some testing to bait a few kha'ak spawns, and it seems the rules in Imperial Good's thread still work as written. Using the same example, I've spawned an outpost in second contact VII and it's 150 km from the edge of the core, and 270 km from the center of the core.

I think maybe kha'ak will spawn a little further out than they used to - still 140 to 180km from the edge of the core, but the core got larger. I don't believe this is a bug, which is why I'm not posting in the feedback forum. Just a PSA.

Falcrack
x4

Re: in 7.0, larger default explore radius

Post by Falcrack » Wed, 17. Apr 24, 00:34

I would also accept a competent explore command which involves npc pilots sending out pings, like the player would, and then actively investigating unknown objects and stations that it discovers that way.

Would also be nice if we could manually order npc piloted ships to ping at a certain location. We could order it to send out a series of pings throughout a sector in order to uncover stations and objects.

zakaluka

Post by zakaluka » Wed, 17. Apr 24, 00:55

one thing you'll notice with 7.0 is that explore commands finish much more quickly, and I also believe exploration orders level their pilots more quickly than before.

What I'm basing this on is that in two restarts now I've had approximately 8 pegasus on explore orders continuously, and I get my 1st & 2nd 3star pilots much earlier than normal. But two tests with a set of 8 isn't enough to say for sure.

Blitz4
x4

Post by Blitz4 » Thu, 18. Apr 24, 01:16

Thank you. It's nice to know I can comfortably do something more important to me while delegating the explore task to someone in my corp instead of weighing their performance to mine.

R-TEAM
x4

Post by R-TEAM » Sat, 20. Apr 24, 13:49

It is a mod in Steam Workshop that incrase the Radar range from Scout class ships - would be nice to have this in vanilla ....
so exploration with specific ships for exploration (scouts) would be faster ... and make more sense...

Regards

TroubledRabbit

Post by TroubledRabbit » Sun, 21. Apr 24, 17:46

yes I would second that - the scouts would have its specific niche relevant for any stage of game instead being just 'beginner ship'.
Even Lower Spec (occasional) Gamer

Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon, kernel line: 5.15, X11
T14 AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650U/Renoir, 32GB

Return to “X4: Foundations”